Frequent Contributor

I had tried this a while back.  Initially I thought, "WOW, my neck looks fabulous".  Not too long thereafter, a horrible red painful rash.  Never experienced anything like that with any skin care. 

I am currently using and loving Dr. Denese.

Honored Contributor

@CathyinCA wrote:

World Traveler, I have taken a niacin supplement, which is in many of the Strivectin products.  It makes many people flush, since it increases circulation.  My guess is that is what you are experiencing.

Here is the link to the Strivectin website where Nia 114 is explained.

Cathy

P.S. I have had excellent results with the Strivectin Advanced Neck Cream.

Thank you! I will do that. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Elysee wrote:

I had tried this a while back.  Initially I thought, "WOW, my neck looks fabulous".  Not too long thereafter, a horrible red painful rash.  Never experienced anything like that with any skin care. 

I am currently using and loving Dr. Denese.

Thank you. My friend who purchased StriVectin is checking out the suggestion by another poster and I will tell her about Dr. Denese. 

Valued Contributor

I have not tried the serum but I did try the neck cream a few months ago.  My skin did not turn red or blotchy, but it did make my neck itch for several days - maybe a week, then that side-effect subsided.  I used the entire jar.  While I was using it, my skin felt very smooth to the touch.  I would notice this while I was in the shower.  I thought it was probably doing something for me, but when I would look in the mirror, I didnt see any difference in appearrance at all.  I haven't bought any more of it.  I am back using Bare Minerals.  I like Dr. Denese, too.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Contributor

I apologize, I did not include the link to the Strivectin website in my earlier reply.  Here is Strivectin's explanation of NIA 114:  http://www.strivectin.com/aboutus/technology

Trusted Contributor

@SHIRAZ wrote:

I have not tried the serum but I did try the neck cream a few months ago.  My skin did not turn red or blotchy, but it did make my neck itch for several days - maybe a week, then that side-effect subsided.  I used the entire jar.  While I was using it, my skin felt very smooth to the touch.  I would notice this while I was in the shower.  I thought it was probably doing something for me, but when I would look in the mirror, I didnt see any difference in appearrance at all.  I haven't bought any more of it.  I am back using Bare Minerals.  I like Dr. Denese, too.

With the exception of the itch, I could have written this exact post.

Shower and all, but I totally used ALL and only StriVectin products for over a year, diligently day and night, and had absolutely NO results. I kept using thinking the benefits would build up but they never were exposed. Sure, I had moisturized skin but my neck  didn't inprove I do believe. I lost that time when I could have used other products.

I, too, like Dr, Denese, and I've tried all at QVC. My only other positive choice is  Dr. Gross !

Forget Perricone, it is laughable.

Honored Contributor

@CathyinCA wrote:

I apologize, I did not include the link to the Strivectin website in my earlier reply.  Here is Strivectin's explanation of NIA 114:  http://www.strivectin.com/aboutus/technology

Thanks! I think you are right about the niacin. Smiley Happy