Respected Contributor

Re: Stila Aqua Glow Watercolor Blush

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@FUTURE, I received the four today and have tried Shimmering Lotus. Maybe it's my skin tone (light/med), but I didn't find this one bright at all. In fact, I had to build it up. It's a nice, glowy finish finish. It supposedly is the most shimmery of the bunch, hence the name, but I think it's very wearable for normal or dry skin -- maybe not the best for oily skin, but that's all so individual.

What's very nice with this blush is that it doesn't look as if it's sitting on top of your skin but as if it's part of your skin.

I'll weigh in on the others.

@suzyQ3 My skin is fair (read pale!), so that's probably why it looks brighter on me. I totally agree that it looks like it's part of your skin. That's what I really love about these, besides the perfect color selection for my skin! I wore one this week with a bright corally-red top and a simple eye, and it just looked like the perfect flush. Hope you enjoy the rest of them!!

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 @FUTURE @Irshgrl31201 do you think you could use these as a lip product too? I saw a couple ladies in some beauty blogs using it that way but wanted to get your thoughts on it. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 I used the blush most of last summer in the Rosewater...Awesome for a natural glow on top of a tinted moisturizer. Very Natural but can be build up. I have to order it as I paid full price at Sephora last year. Great Deal! Did not care for Benefits at all.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the alert. I ordered the coral color.

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@suzyQ3 @FUTURE @Irshgrl31201 do you think you could use these as a lip product too? I saw a couple ladies in some beauty blogs using it that way but wanted to get your thoughts on it. 

@HappyDaze, sorry I haven't been on in a day or two and just saw this. I haven't tried to use it as that but it does have kind of a "stainy" texture so I think you probably could.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@FUTURE, I received the four today and have tried Shimmering Lotus. Maybe it's my skin tone (light/med), but I didn't find this one bright at all. In fact, I had to build it up. It's a nice, glowy finish finish. It supposedly is the most shimmery of the bunch, hence the name, but I think it's very wearable for normal or dry skin -- maybe not the best for oily skin, but that's all so individual.

What's very nice with this blush is that it doesn't look as if it's sitting on top of your skin but as if it's part of your skin.

I'll weigh in on the others.

I have Water Poppy and I just love it. It always looks so fresh during the day. 

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

Sorry, just now seeing this (is it Friday yet? For the love.....lol!) I've never tried this, but I'll set one out so I'll remember to use it tmrw -- if I wear any MU!! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Stila now has the blushes at regular price. Bummer. 

Honored Contributor

@makeup addict wrote:

Stila now has the blushes at regular price. Bummer. 

Thanks for the info, @makeup addict

This really surprises me because I assumed (you know what they about that) that they were on sale because they're being discontinued -- but maybe not if they're back to their retail price. I'm sorry if anyone missed out.

BTW, for anyone who might care, I have had a chance to test all four shades that I purchased.. My opinion will likely change with more use, but right now I would rate them as follows:

Rosewater: love

Water Lily and Water Blossom: like very much, almost as much as Rosewater

Shimmering Lotus: okay, but nothing to write home about on my skin

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze I tried one on my lips, and wasn't wild about the results. I maybe applied a little too much, but the Water Lily I tried needed a thicker layer on my lips than ,y face to show up, since my lips are obviously more pigmented than my (pale) face. I am going to try it with the red one when it comes in. I'll let you know how it goes when I do!

I do really wish they would do a BRONZER in this formula (for some reason I'm having deja vu that I said this when it was first released). I feel it would look so beautiful!!!! I'm hoping that with the price going back up, they hopefully aren't discontinuing them! There was another product for cheeks/face that I had for which I wished they'd made bronzer in that formula, and now I'm racking my brain to try to think of what it was........ ETA -- I remembered. The JM Cheek Gelee. But I think I would like the Stila significantly more if they did a bronzer in that formula.