Honored Contributor

PALMER'S SKIN OIL

[ Edited ]

Has anyone else here tried the Palmer's line of products?

Palmer's must have been around awhile, just guessing.  I saw a TV ad and sent for it from Target.  I love the Skin Therapy Oil For The Face.  You put just a tiny drop on fine lines, dark spots, aging skin. etc.  It has a combination of oils in it, all natural and smells wonderful!  I put a little on a rough elbow spot and it feels so much softer.  LESS THAN $10.

I also bought their Palmer's Cocoa Butter with vitamin E daily skin therapy to relieve dry skin.  LESS THAN $5 for 13.5 oz.

Save

Honored Contributor

oil

Honored Contributor

I saw a TV ad but what caught my eye was the Good Housekeeping seal of approval. Will definitly give it a try. I now use JM argan oil which I do like.

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen this, but I love other Palmer's products. The Cocoa Butter lotion was a favorite for many years - feels and smells good and works well. They've also made some nice limited edition lip balms I've liked.

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

I saw a TV ad but what caught my eye was the Good Housekeeping seal of approval. Will definitly give it a try. I now use JM argan oil which I do like.

@YahooeyHI Smiley Happy

I have the JM Argon oil too and I really like it.  I was intrigued by the price of the Palmer's oil and thought I'd at least try it, also.  My skin has been getting irritated and itchy in various areas lately, I'm thinking maybe it's the weird weather we've had for months. 

So far, I'm pleased with both Palmer products.  The skin oil for the face has a little rose hips in it for a soft scent.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I haven't seen this, but I love other Palmer's products. The Cocoa Butter lotion was a favorite for many years - feels and smells good and works well. They've also made some nice limited edition lip balms I've liked.

Hi @ChynnaBlue

That's probably the one I got, also.  It really does soften my skin immediately.

I'm considering getting their pregnancy oil too because it says it helps with itchy skin. 

Honored Contributor

@Noel7

I have extremely dry sensitive skin (eczema) so many products work for everybody except me. JM oil doesn't irritate it. Some products, I feel burning or tightening. Also I heard Vit C is good for the skin, and this oil has it.

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@Noel7

I have extremely dry sensitive skin (eczema) so many products work for everybody except me. JM oil doesn't irritate it. Some products, I feel burning or tightening. Also I heard Vit C is good for the skin, and this oil has it.

@Yahooey  I have extremely sensitive skin, also.  Lots of dermatology appointments when I was younger to keep up with skin issues Smiley Happy

I was happy to discover the JM argon oil worked for me, too, and now it seems I'm OK with Palmers.  I've been using Palmer's for a couple of weeks.

For the first time, that I remember at least, I'm having trouble with an itching scalp the day after I shampoo.  I found an Aveeno Renewal shampoo and conditioner that has less irritants that isn't as bad for me.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7

I've been using sulfate free shampoo - I don't know if it makes a differnce. I've been using Organix availalbe at any drugstore. Had a problem with WEN. I'm now using sulfate free Rusk. Just mixing it up.  I take Biotin since I felt my hair was thining (fallout from WEN). My hair has gotten finer as I aged but it is no longer falling out. Do you wash your hair everyday? Is your scalp itchy the day after you wash if you are not washing everyday. Could it be the pollen? I'm told that you should wash everything you came in contact with outdoors. Maybe pollen is in your hair?

Respected Contributor

@Noel7, Thanks for the review!  

I just read many of the reviews online.  And they are almost all 5 stars!  And I am impressed by the Goodhousekeeping seal.  I'll have to try it!