Honored Contributor

Re: So....Shawn just said this

"Lead with the Teeth".

Now, THAT's funny!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

Maybe she used her Bissel on them. I saw her selling that. Or whatever that rug shampooer's name was.

Valued Contributor

On 4/2/2014 GPeach said:
On 4/2/2014 Angel Cake said:
On 4/1/2014 mustbuyless said:

wow, I'd have said the opposite-- people with over-white teeth seem less trustworthy to me, or like they are trying to sell me something (literally true on QVC!) Remember Ross in Seinfeld, Shawn? {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Thanks for catching this gem!

I think people with over-white teeth are less trustworthy too. When it is obvious you have whitened your teeth it makes me wonder what else you are doing to trick me.

Soooo....what are your feelings on people who wear make up? Are they attempting to "trick" you too? If you use that logic, where does it end? Do we all stop wearing deodorant too? What are you trying to hide? Are we now being deceitful for shielding body odor?

Yes, girls who wear too much makeup are hiding something. Whether it be bad skin or low self esteem. You are being ridiculous with the deodorant comment, I'm talking about blatant alterations.

Honored Contributor

You all crack me up. The hosts don't make this stuff up. Proctor and Gamble (Crest Whitestrips) sponsored an independent* study that led to these results. And if you don't want to believe it, that's fine, but there are multiple studies that have found that people who are perceived to be more attractive (thinner, taller, straight hair vs curly, etc) are more successful when compared to others with similar skills and education who are not deemed as attractive. That's just the way it is.

The hosts' statements aren't silly, humanity is.

You can read more about the study on whiter teeth here: http://news.pg.com/press-release/pg-corporate-announcements/new-study-shows-whiter-teeth-can-lead-gr...

*As independent as any sponsored study can be, but that doesn't mean it's not legitimate. If the results don't come out the sponsor's way, they just don't publicize.

Honored Contributor

On 4/2/2014 Sunshine Kate said:
On 4/2/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 4/2/2014 fitnessfreak said:
<br />
<br />
<br />

I'd expect Lisa to say blackened teeth make you look thinner! White makes you look larger! I am sure she knows that! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Ha Ha! This is perfect!

I think she said "lead with the teeth!" J/K

I will admit that I notice someone's teeth immediately. It is one of the first things I will notice on a person.

There is a happy medium between Chiclet teeth and yellowed, stained, nasty teeth.

The O/P said, "Shawn just said people with white teeth are more trustworthy." You think she said, "lead with the teeth".

I don't understand your post, doesn't make sense.

She followed it with "J/K", which means "just kidding."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

On 4/2/2014 GPeach said:
On 4/1/2014 mustbuyless said:

wow, I'd have said the opposite-- people with over-white teeth seem less trustworthy to me, or like they are trying to sell me something (literally true on QVC!) Remember Ross in Seinfeld, Shawn? {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Thanks for catching this gem!

I think people with over-white teeth are less trustworthy too. When it is obvious you have whitened your teeth it makes me wonder what else you are doing to trick me.

Soooo....what are your feelings on people who wear make up? Are they attempting to "trick" you too? If you use that logic, where does it end? Do we all stop wearing deodorant too? What are you trying to hide? Are we now being deceitful for shielding body odor?

Yes, girls who wear too much makeup are hiding something. Whether it be bad skin or low self esteem. You are being ridiculous with the deodorant comment, I'm talking about blatant alterations.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Well-said, Angel Cake!

Super Contributor

I think all this teeth whitening has gotten totally out of control! You can always tell the actors selling a product on TV, even if they claim to be just real customers, because of the blinding white, perfect teeth!

Honored Contributor

On 4/2/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

You all crack me up. The hosts don't make this stuff up. Proctor and Gamble (Crest Whitestrips) sponsored an independent* study that led to these results. And if you don't want to believe it, that's fine, but there are multiple studies that have found that people who are perceived to be more attractive (thinner, taller, straight hair vs curly, etc) are more successful when compared to others with similar skills and education who are not deemed as attractive. That's just the way it is.

The hosts statements aren't silly, humanity is.

You can read more about the study on whiter teeth here: http://news.pg.com/press-release/pg-corporate-announcements/new-study-shows-whiter-teeth-can-lead-gr...

*As independent as any sponsored study can be, but that doesn't mean it's not legitimate. If the results don't come out the sponsor's way, they just don't publicize.

Thank you!

Frequent Contributor

I always say I trust sales people when they have really white teeth and very orange Faux tans like some of the qvc hosts have

Regular Contributor

No. She said people with white teeth are perceived as being more confident, successful, truthful, etc. The point was that a bright smile makes us more attractive on many fronts.