Honored Contributor

I'm beginning to wonder. He has sooooo many products and now this Botani-Lift line. Sometimes I think he just puts different names on the same products. I want to try this but I'm wondering if he's pulling a fast one. Like, why isn't it even on his website? Is it just something he concocted for Evine? I just don't get his deal. I have come to love his brightening serum which I got in another kit. But if I use the new Botanlift and I don't know that I spelled it right, then where do I put my brightener?But this has all you need in this particular line so I don't think I can fit my brightener in. He makes things so hard. 

He's a charmer. I have known him since Parthena days. I want to believe everything he says, but sometimes I just wonder.

Trusted Contributor

I agree  just too many products anymore.... And why he does not sell just the shampoo and conditioner this visit???I do not want a kit. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree ~ I haven't watched any of his shows since June.  He has too many products/lines and it's confusing to me.  Who wants to pile that many layers on their complexion?   Not me.  His prices have gone up quite a bit too.   I lost interest and found substitutes I like just as well or better that are much cheaper.  And no shipping charges.

Judaline, like you, one of my faves used to be his Bright Side Serum.  I went back to using a Vitamin C serum in the mornings and my complexion is bright and pores are tight. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Re: Skinn/Dimitri

[ Edited ]

@Judaline wrote:

I'm beginning to wonder. He has sooooo many products and now this Botani-Lift line. Sometimes I think he just puts different names on the same products. I want to try this but I'm wondering if he's pulling a fast one. Like, why isn't it even on his website? Is it just something he concocted for Evine? I just don't get his deal. I have come to love his brightening serum which I got in another kit. But if I use the new Botanlift and I don't know that I spelled it right, then where do I put my brightener?But this has all you need in this particular line so I don't think I can fit my brightener in. He makes things so hard. 

He's a charmer. I have known him since Parthena days. I want to believe everything he says, but sometimes I just wonder.

I honestly don't think he makes thing that hard.  To the contrary, I think he often does a better job of explaining who needs what.  The customer just has to pay attention to his live demo's, watch his videos, or read and compare items online.  If you want to add a brightener, use it during your treatment or serums steps, prior to your moisturizer.  

I don't think Dimitri is any different from anyone else who is making new discoveries, trying to improve products, or create new ones.  Look at any big cosmetic or skincare company and you'll see they offer more than one line in order to appeal to the masses.  The Botanilift line is the next level up from the Dermalift line.  The difference is that Dermalift was more instant and temporary and Botanilift has more skincare for long term benefits.  It's possible that Evine has the exclusive on the Bontanilift for a certain period of time.  We see this with various skincare and makeup launches here on QVC so it's not as if that practice is unheard of.  

Respected Contributor

It may seem overwhelming when you look at the selection of Skinn's products on Evine. However, you have the option of clicking on exactly what type of skincare that you are looking for. When you pull up SKinn or for that matter any skincare line that Evine carries, to the left are options such as targeted area, skin type, etc. Click on one of those and that can narrow the search. I did read somewhere that Dimitri was asked by Evine to produce so many new products every year. I would imagine all of the shopping channels do that too.

Valued Contributor

I agree with JeanLouiseFinch - it's not all that complicated, really.  Basically, Dimitri has three lines of skin care:

The Youth 24 Hour Cream and its accompanying serums, for seriouslly dry and/or mature skin

DermaLift and its new version, BotaniLift, for skin that's not so dry and has a tendency to sag rather than wrinkle

Deep Wrinkle Protocol, the "Cadillac" line which is targeted chiefly at wrinkles, but which is not as emollient as the Youth 24 Hour Cream.

All the other items are targeted at specific concerns, such as brightening, under-eye bags and so forth, and can usually be incorporated into whichever line you prefer.  The only caveat I would enter is that with the original DermaLift products, some things don't work well and may tend to ball up.  I think that's why we used to hear him say to pick a system and stay with it.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Honored Contributor

@sharlee wrote:

I agree with JeanLouiseFinch - it's not all that complicated, really.  Basically, Dimitri has three lines of skin care:

The Youth 24 Hour Cream and its accompanying serums, for seriouslly dry and/or mature skin

DermaLift and its new version, BotaniLift, for skin that's not so dry and has a tendency to sag rather than wrinkle

Deep Wrinkle Protocol, the "Cadillac" line which is targeted chiefly at wrinkles, but which is not as emollient as the Youth 24 Hour Cream.

All the other items are targeted at specific concerns, such as brightening, under-eye bags and so forth, and can usually be incorporated into whichever line you prefer.  The only caveat I would enter is that with the original DermaLift products, some things don't work well and may tend to ball up.  I think that's why we used to hear him say to pick a system and stay with it.

OK, so here's the thing. What would you do if you had all of the above, hahaha. Please don't tell me to '******eddaboudit'. That's what's confusing to me and it's my problem, I realize that. I think I'll continue with my Retinol for wrinkles and for postponing them, then use the botani-lift to do its job, and put the collagenisis over the retinol every night. But then if I get the Botani-lift, it's got all those steps, just for sagging I think.

Respected Contributor

I tried some if his oroducts and they didnt work for me.  I also dont think yu need a ton of steps. 

I have roscea and my skin has not had a flare up since I simpified my routine. cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen daily. Two or three times a week, I use borghese fango delicato mud mask.  Thats it.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Skinn/Dimitri

[ Edited ]

@sharlee wrote:

Stamp this and put it in the mail! The best succinct run down of his skin care line! Love his target products too along with a mix of his DWP and YPC! Well done @sharlee! Thanks!