Valued Contributor

Tried WEN CC Again--What am I doing wrong?

Hi Everyone,

I've tried WEN a handful of times over the past few years. Just to see what all the fuss was about. I also grew to love many of the styling and ancillary items in the WEN line (the oils, mists, and now the styling cream). However, each time I tried the actual CC I was never happy. Left my hair very weighed down. And I've tried about 4-5 different formulas (maybe more b/c one of my tries was with the Travel pkts. that includes a variety of scents/formulas).  I actually really like my hair--I don't have any real issues with it. But I am a "try-er" and well, I tried. 

Fast forward to the most recent TSV and it was such a good deal that I just HAD to purchase it (beauty and hair products are a real necessity, right?). I was happy to receive the oil, cream, and mist, even if the CC still was not perfect for me. Well, I tried the Sweet Almond Mint yesterday and followed directions to a T and rinsed, rinsed, rinsed. I actually LOVED the way my hair looked yesterday. Kinda bouncy, sleek, and healhty-looking. However, some of the appeal of the CC to me has always been the promise of not having to wash one's hair as often. By noon today my hair looked probably the greasiest and flattest I've ever seen. Which is a complete bummer for various reasons, not the least of which is that I really liked it yesteday.

So, ladies, am I doing something wrong here? I got the best results I've ever had first day yesterday and was fairly excited to continue this experiment. But now, I'm not so sure. 

Any words of wisdom?

TIASmiley Happy Oh, and I miss all of you! Still not back to posting regularly because, quite frankly, I really don't like the newer boards. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Tried WEN CC Again--What am I doing wrong?

[ Edited ]

Perhaps it just doesn't work for you and your hair type? Might be time to give up trying? Smiley Happy Remember, not everything works for everyone!

Valued Contributor

Hi Happy, 

I absolutely agree with you on this one. And I really do NOT need any other expensive beauty habit in my life. Really. But since I'm such a fan of some of the other products in the line I really thought it wouldn't hurt to try it again. And yes, I'm coming to the conclusion that the CCs just don't work for me. 

I've said this before on the BBs here--I really think Chaz should tout his styling products even more and be okay saying that sometimes the CCs just don't work for everyone. And that's OKAY! BUT, there are other good products in the line to try. 

Valued Contributor

I just thought if there was some basic thing about using the CC, some trick, that I was missing, I needed to ask again. 

Honored Contributor

@glmama wrote:

I just thought if there was some basic thing about using the CC, some trick, that I was missing, I needed to ask again. 

well if you really want to try to make it work for some reason, there are tons of tricks and tips on the wen forum you can read through. I personally just never understand when people keep trying to make products work for them after a few good attempts at it. People do this all the time, not just you and not just regarding wen but other shampoos/conditioners, skincare, makeup, etc and I just don't get it. I know some say they keep trying because others have such good success with it but not everyone will and that is just the facts, ma'am. Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

I had to go though several formulations before finding the best ones. Have fine, oily, wavy hair.  A lot of the them were disasters. BGT & SOB were the winners. So you may need to try more than 4. However, it may not work for your hair. You've tried it and it may not work at all for your hair. Its OK if it doesn't work for you. There are so many products out there something else may be better for you.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@glmama Glad to see you back!  I think I am liking the boards a little more now that I am using it.  I like the functions of the hearts if I like the post and don't have to type a response.  Also being able to use the @ function so someone is alerted if their name is mention with a response or a heart.  Hope that made sense.  LOL

Here is my advice on WEN from my experience.  I didn't use it right in the beginning.  Make sure you use enough in the beginning....I couldn't wrap my head around using so much and I didn't use enough.  I f it says 20 pumps for example, make sure it's 10 for the 1st 10 for the 2nd.  I would go for the highest number recommended for your hair in the beginning too.  After you get the CC in your hair for the 1st cleanse add water...like dip your head into the shower not just a splash.  It gets good and frothy and massage your scalp and work it through.  2nd cleanse put it on then do your routine.  When you are done...Do the adding water again..I use a WEN comb to work it through and then rinse it all out.

Wow sorry for the book. LOL. Just the extra pumps and that big addition of water was the game changer for me and I have been happy so very then.  That's was 2 1/2 years ago!

Like HD mentioned , try the WEN boards too.  I hope what I suggested works!  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

When you use shampoo, do you wash your hair every day or can you skip one or several days?

I've always had really oily hair and although it has gotten better with Wen I still have to wash my hair every day. I'd love to be able to skip a day or two but that just doesn't work for my hair.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@glmama wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I've tried WEN a handful of times over the past few years. Just to see what all the fuss was about. I also grew to love many of the styling and ancillary items in the WEN line (the oils, mists, and now the styling cream). However, each time I tried the actual CC I was never happy. Left my hair very weighed down. And I've tried about 4-5 different formulas (maybe more b/c one of my tries was with the Travel pkts. that includes a variety of scents/formulas).  I actually really like my hair--I don't have any real issues with it. But I am a "try-er" and well, I tried. 

Fast forward to the most recent TSV and it was such a good deal that I just HAD to purchase it (beauty and hair products are a real necessity, right?). I was happy to receive the oil, cream, and mist, even if the CC still was not perfect for me. Well, I tried the Sweet Almond Mint yesterday and followed directions to a T and rinsed, rinsed, rinsed. I actually LOVED the way my hair looked yesterday. Kinda bouncy, sleek, and healhty-looking. However, some of the appeal of the CC to me has always been the promise of not having to wash one's hair as often. By noon today my hair looked probably the greasiest and flattest I've ever seen. Which is a complete bummer for various reasons, not the least of which is that I really liked it yesteday.

So, ladies, am I doing something wrong here? I got the best results I've ever had first day yesterday and was fairly excited to continue this experiment. But now, I'm not so sure. 

Any words of wisdom?

TIASmiley Happy Oh, and I miss all of you! Still not back to posting regularly because, quite frankly, I really don't like the newer boards. 

Hi @glmama ... try doing two cleanses.  Use half the amount you would normally use for a first cleanse.  Cleanse your hair and rinse.  Then apply the second half.. work through your hair and leave in for the duration of your shower. Then rinse well.  I found that using the two cleanse method made a huge difference in my hair.  Also, not all the formulas work for my  hair type.  I have lots of fine hair.  I use Tea Tree; Lavender; Pomegranate and Ginger Pumpkin.  So you may have to try different formulas to determine what works for you.  HTH, Maria

Honored Contributor

It seems like your Day 2 hair is the problem.  You might want to adjust the number of and amount of leave in and other styling products you are using in your hair on Day 1 (and anything you may be adding on Day 2) that could be impacting your Day 2 hair.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN