Trusted Contributor

Skin changes, can't find right products

So, I use signature club a argan line and was happy with that, about two weeks ago I tried her 5 essentials day/night cream, first 3 days I felt like it was working but it is definitely not! Itchy, burning and drying me out. Tonight I put Nivea on because I am afraid to use that product anymore. I am experimenting with make up because I also am having issues with my mineral makeup, showing all my creases. Went to Merle Norman and bought their makeup and mascara, that's not working either. Today I just wore primer, Nivea, some chubby blush on my cheeks, mascara and brow pencil....honestly at least I didn't look dry and flaky all day.
There is definitely changes going on with my skin, I am peri menopausal and I think it's changing everything about my skin. Even lotion on my arms caused me to breakout in a rash. My eyes are now puffy and have those sacks under them. I am so frustrated because I keep spending money on products that aren't working.
Has anyone been thru a change with their skin during this time?
Trusted Contributor

Re: Skin changes, can't find right products

Hi NativeJax....I can definitely relate to your dilemma. Skin and hormonal changes, so many products out there, can be a difficult and expensive adventure to find the products that give us the best bang for the buck. (a good workhorse) I have not tried SCA so I cannot comment on that line. Is a frequent problem that as we age a lot of products can cause sensitivities and break-outs so the quest can be downright frustrating. Have you tried Isomers? I have had some great success with some of their products. Less is more for me so my skincare routine is minimalist in nature. Am a real ingredient reader and finally through my extensive research I know what women my age need in their routine. (A good C product, Retinol that is non irritating or Retinocin, A good glycolic cleanser, Acetyl Hexapeptide, ) I don't wear much make-up but the very few things I use I try to go as natural as possible. Eyes are so delicate aren't they? I have had good results with Isomers Eye firming serum. I don't use Isomers exclusively but just try a few and if you don't like can always return for a refund within 30 days. Thanks and I hope you find what works for you. I always remember, more expensive does not always mean better results. Also I always try to read about a line or product before I decide to buy. (Reviews, Ingredient deck for too many harmful additives, Independent reviews from various beauty experts etc etc)
Trusted Contributor

Hey @NativeJax I like Adrienne's Argan capsules! I also have a stick for the eyes that I use occasionally...never any issues...as far as her 5 in one cream...looking at the ingredients...maybe it is the acids? or the mineral oil(Isoparaffin)  that is causing a reaction? Perhaps just use the argan products? I am a Skinn?Isomers gal and could offer advice on those lines...but I would cease using that cream since that is when you had your negative reaction and let your skin calm down....then let's talk about what you could try Woman Happy

5 Essentials Creme with Plant Stem Cell Complex & QuSomes

Ingredients: Face Ingredients: Water, Stearic Acid, Isopropyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Callus Culture Extract, Sequoia Sempervirens Leaf Cell Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Flower Cell Extract, Glycerin, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate (QuSomes), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Powder, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Leaf Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Leaf Wax, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Glycolic Acid, Retinol, Retinyl Palmitate, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Myristyl Myristate, Myristyl Laurate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Laureth-23, Carbomer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Lecithin, Sorbitol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Yellow 5.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you both. I really waited to long to head my granny's advice and should have paid a lot more attention to my skincare and now I am paying for it. I am finding reading the forums helpful and last night I went to Paula's site. I am going to start utilizing that site and educating myself on what I purchase.