Super Contributor

Re: Shouldn't Every Woman On The Planet Have One By Now?

No, I don't want one.

Honored Contributor

I know it seems they have several TSVs every year. I never ""bit"" on this one because I have a feeling I would use it a few times and it would go in the cabinet and stay there. I've wasted enough money on QVC gadgets already. (mostly kitchen stuff)

Respected Contributor

On 5/18/2014 HappyDaze said:

The one caller said she had one and loved it and then went back and bought six more..yes, six more. She said she bought them for presents for people. That is a lot of friends with dirty faces! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} j/k!

It's a bit of an insult to the gift recipient: "Happy Birthday, now go scrub that soiled face"

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/18/2014 Ladybug724 said:

The one caller said she had one and loved it and then went back and bought six more..yes, six more. She said she bought them for http://community.qvc.com/forums/viewpoints/topic/435264/get-over-it.aspx#createreplypresents for people. That is a lot of friends with dirty faces! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} j/k!

It's a bit of an insult to the gift recipient: "Happy Birthday, now go scrub that soiled face"

You're right! it is sort of a insult
Valued Contributor

I don't own one. I was intrigued by these when they first started becoming popular and asked my derm about them. In her opinion, they're not great and she said that she sees a lot of people who wonder why their face skin is irritated, red, etc., and then she finds out they are using the Clarisonic. I realize that this is not everyone's experience. But for me, with mild-moderate Rosacea and sensitive, on the dry-side skin, it just wouldn't work.

Honored Contributor

The one caller said she had one and loved it and then went back and bought six more..yes, six more. She said she bought them for presents for people. That is a lot of friends with dirty faces! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} j/k!

I kind of thought the same thing. I'm not sure how I would feel if someone gave me one for a present {#emotions_dlg.huh}

Honored Contributor

They must have had a sonic boom.

Honored Contributor

On 5/18/2014 glmama said:

I don't own one. I was intrigued by these when they first started becoming popular and asked my derm about them. In her opinion, they're not great and she said that she sees a lot of people who wonder why their face skin is irritated, red, etc., and then she finds out they are using the Clarisonic. I realize that this is not everyone's experience. But for me, with mild-moderate Rosacea and sensitive, on the dry-side skin, it just wouldn't work.

I know there are some derms that like them and even recommend them but both my derm and my husband's derm do not like them either.

Respected Contributor

I kind of thought the same thing. I'm not sure how I would feel if someone gave me one for a present {#emotions_dlg.huh}

I think it's a great gift! Especially if the person has been wanting one. I love skincare so something like this would make me happy if I were to receive it.

Valued Contributor

Hi Happy Daze-Yes. My derm even said that when people tell her that they really want to try the Clarisonic, or other type of device like it, she recommends that they do it in the summer months, when most people have a bit more moisture to their skin. But that she still doesn't recommend them.

Don't get me wrong, ladies, I LOVE the idea of that extra deep cleaning and getting off MU junk that I didn't even know was there. But I just can't risk it.