Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 257
Registered: ‎03-23-2010

Perricone users, do you think??

I promise this is NOT a bash on Dana. Do you think she uses botox? Her skin is so gorgeous and she is around 45. She looks like someone who eats right, etc and I know that helps. I was only wondering your opinions.

asltw

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,328
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Perricone users, do you think??

imho, no. Dr. Perricone is anti-Botox, because it creates muscle atrophy which results in sagging. I don't believe he would have a spokesperson who uses it, when it is something he is opposed to. The last time I watched Dana, her eyebrows/forehead moved very freely. Dr. Perricone is an advocate for an anti-inflamatory diet, combined with supplements, topicals, LED and micro-current.

Oh, and exercise of course. He also recommends that we get our vitamin D from the sun. As I posted on another thread, as the face of Perricone, Dana has access to the facials/treatments clients receive at Perricone Spas. Professional facials will improve anyone's complexion.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,791
Registered: ‎12-24-2010

Re: Perricone users, do you think??

First off - I use many and only Dr. Perricone's products - so that being said as the line goes...

Yes, I think she's doing/using something that isn't in a bottle on the QVC table! Because of her relative young age - she wouldn't need botox in the forehead area yet. But I do think she and Dr. Denise (definitely) are using some thing!!!!!

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,919
Registered: ‎03-26-2010

Re: Perricone users, do you think??

NO, I definitely do not think Dana has ever used or will use Botox. She recently recovered from breast cancer and I have found that many, especially those on the younger side, will not risk putting any kind of toxins in their body after having cancer. They generally seem to be much more conscientious about everything that they eat and the supplements they take. Many even go beyond that and are very cautious about the ingredients in their skincare.

Maybe many here aged earlier than I did but at 45, I had no need for Botox or any fillers. Yes, I did have regular facials at my Dermatologist's connected Spa and had regular glycolic peels there too, every month for a long time. My sister always maintained that, because I had dry skin from birth, I always used really good skincare and moisturizers on my skin from my teens onward and she felt that deserved a lot of the credit because I also was a sun abuser. I didn't really see any major aging until my late 50's and I don't think that is especially rare.

I also agree wholeheartedly with lyn that Dr P would not have a spokesperson who used Botox. Dana has been with him since her early 30's so she has had the benefit of using really good skincare for a long time and that pays off.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,919
Registered: ‎03-26-2010

Re: Perricone users, do you think??

On 5/17/2014 fthunt said:

First off - I use many and only Dr. Perricone's products - so that being said as the line goes...

Yes, I think she's doing/using something that isn't in a bottle on the QVC table! Because of her relative young age - she wouldn't need botox in the forehead area yet. But I do think she and Dr. Denise (definitely) are using some thing!!!!!

Significant age difference between Dana and Dr Denese, by about 15+ years. Just can't compare them, imo, as Dana is still young enough to not show much aging especially if using good skincare which she has had the benefit of doing for over a decade.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,072
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Perricone users, do you think??

On 5/17/2014 fthunt said:

First off - I use many and only Dr. Perricone's products - so that being said as the line goes...

Yes, I think she's doing/using something that isn't in a bottle on the QVC table! Because of her relative young age - she wouldn't need botox in the forehead area yet. But I do think she and Dr. Denise (definitely) are using some thing!!!!!

Re: Dr. Denese, years ago I was in a derm's office and looking at magazines. There was an ad for Botox and both she and the derm on HSN...I can't remember her name now..dark hair...were in the ad as users of Botox, so no question there.

ETA: Dr. Graf from HSN.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,416
Registered: ‎10-20-2010

Re: Perricone users, do you think??

Dana, takes wonderful care of her skin. As spokesperson for the product she is lovely. Love to know what lipcolor and blush she uses. She does a super job. Congrats to her.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,141
Registered: ‎03-27-2010

Re: Perricone users, do you think??

On 5/18/2014 engineer said:

Dana, takes wonderful care of her skin. As spokesperson for the product she is lovely. Love to know what lipcolor and blush she uses. She does a super job. Congrats to her.

I saw her once say she does not use foundation. I would also be curious to know what lipcolor and blush she uses. I think she looks fantastic for her age and for what she's been through with the breast cancer. I also do not think she has used botox because she makes a lot of facial expressions in her presentations and you just could not do that if you had botox-would be more a frozen expression especially on the forehead.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,570
Registered: ‎06-13-2012

Re: Perricone users, do you think??

On 5/20/2014 UMTerpFan said:
On 5/18/2014 engineer said:

Dana, takes wonderful care of her skin. As spokesperson for the product she is lovely. Love to know what lipcolor and blush she uses. She does a super job. Congrats to her.

I saw her once say she does not use foundation. I would also be curious to know what lipcolor and blush she uses. I think she looks fantastic for her age and for what she's been through with the breast cancer. I also do not think she has used botox because she makes a lot of facial expressions in her presentations and you just could not do that if you had botox-would be more a frozen expression especially on the forehead.

She does say this, in fact, she said it recently on one of her last presentations however when she presents the no foundation foundation, she says that is all she wears for foundation. Now, I suppose one could technically say that the NFF isn't really a foundation since it says "no foundation" in the title but then it says it is a no foundation foundation so..... it really IS a sort of foundation so....semantics? I do know the NFF has very light coverage so regardless, she still has great skin, even if she wasn't wearing it because NFF isn't able to cover up severe skin issues.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,919
Registered: ‎03-26-2010

Re: Perricone users, do you think??

On 5/20/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 5/20/2014 UMTerpFan said:
On 5/18/2014 engineer said:

Dana, takes wonderful care of her skin. As spokesperson for the product she is lovely. Love to know what lipcolor and blush she uses. She does a super job. Congrats to her.

I saw her once say she does not use foundation. I would also be curious to know what lipcolor and blush she uses. I think she looks fantastic for her age and for what she's been through with the breast cancer. I also do not think she has used botox because she makes a lot of facial expressions in her presentations and you just could not do that if you had botox-would be more a frozen expression especially on the forehead.

She does say this, in fact, she said it recently on one of her last presentations however when she presents the no foundation foundation, she says that is all she wears for foundation. Now, I suppose one could technically say that the NFF isn't really a foundation since it says "no foundation" in the title but then it says it is a no foundation foundation so..... it really IS a sort of foundation so....semantics? I do know the NFF has very light coverage so regardless, she still has great skin, even if she wasn't wearing it because NFF isn't able to cover up severe skin issues.

I do agree with you that it is tad misleading! And you are right that NFF won't hide any major imperfections. I love the stuff myself though I find I reach for Josie's Protect and Perfect more often recently (which will be ending unless she comes out with some sort of replacement)

Dana does have gorgeous skin and I think it has improved significantly through her years with Perricone. She has always been very pretty but I don't remember noticing her skin in the early years like I do now. It just seems to radiate. Even through her cancer, Dana's skin never looked lackluster or lifeless and I know many who go through that feel their skin takes a real beating.

I caught her show with Marybeth Saturday afternoon and it was one of the few times I thought Dana looked really tired. But with 3 very small children, the younger 2 being twins, that isn't terribly surprising. Kids don't always co-operate when you really want a good nights sleep {#emotions_dlg.bored}