Frequent Contributor

I just saw a video that Shawn just posted on FB advertising for a new nail polish product. Anyway, she mentioned that she has lost her Hear My Soul Speak ring. I'm not surprised. I always thought that ring looked soo big for her finger. I know one time, maybe last year she was demonstrating the bubbles on a Philosophy show and her ring fell into the bowl. It was just a matter of time. I know she must be so upset because that ring meant so much to her.  Hopefully it will turn up.

Honored Contributor

She needs to pray to St Anthony:

Dear St Anthony, please come 'round.

Something is lost and needs to be found.

(Never failed me yet.)

Super Contributor

I wonder if it was the QVC version or her original.  Hopefully not her original.

Honored Contributor

There is a white silicone type product that Esmerelda Gooch has recommended on the jewelry board a couple times.  I can't find mine or I would give you the name.  It is great for keeping rings from slipping off your fingers.  I no longer have gold or silver taken out of rings that are slightly too big.  Perhaps you can page her over there if you need this. 

Esteemed Contributor

Why do people have to bring their religion into everything.  The lovely lady lost her ring, she can afford to buy another.

Respected Contributor

So where exactly is religion being brought into everything and why is it a bad thing?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

Why do people have to bring their religion into everything.  The lovely lady lost her ring, she can afford to buy another.

She sells these items and tells stories about faith.  If anyone brought religion into the discussion, it's the lady herself.  I hate to see anyone lose something they treasure.  Often you can't replace it.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner

@Sooner wrote:

@barrel racer wrote:

She sells these items and tells stories about faith.  If anyone brought religion into the discussion, it's the lady herself.  I hate to see anyone lose something they treasure.  Often you can't replace it.

Is bringing faith into it a bad thing?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

@Sooner

@Sooner wrote:

@barrel racer wrote:

Is bringing faith into it a bad thing?

IMO, there is not an easy answer to your question. It's all in the way it might be included and the degree to which it's included.

If a host is selling an article of faith, they certainly might refer to its meaning and value to those who ascribe to that religion or to faith in general.

But I've seen presentations that come close to sounding like sermons or proselytizing. It's not a religious shopping channel, so the audience is diverse -- many different religions and  those with no religion or faith.

I think they are wiser to stick to the product itself as much as possible. And I totally think that mention of religion or religious expressions outside of any presentations of "faith" products is uncalled for in the same way that political references or comments would be frowned upon.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

So where exactly is religion being brought into everything and why is it a bad thing?

I am a Christian/Catholic, and I do believe in Religion.  That being said, sometimes Shawn sounds disingenuos while bringing in religion selling some of the products she has "designed", etc.  

I agree with Suzy--stick to the presentation and don't bring religion into it so much.  While selling a cross I can see someone mentioning one's faith, but Shawn is sometimes a bit too engrossed in her details.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"