Super Contributor

69 years and loving IT Celebration Illumination Foundation

I can honestly say this is the best foundation I've used in my senior years.  Just flawless and doesn't enhance my pores at all.

Respected Contributor

Re: 69 years and loving IT Celebration Illumination Foundation

I tried this last year, liked it until one day I looked in the rear view mirror and saw all the glitter on my face - I went back in the house and washed my face and never wore it again - toooooo glittery - you really can't see it in normal light - but in bright light it is there.

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I tried this last year, liked it until one day I looked in the rear view mirror and saw all the glitter on my face - I went back in the house and washed my face and never wore it again - toooooo glittery - you really can't see it in normal light - but in bright light it is there.

@hoosieroriginal @waterlily

I also found out, accidentally, about the "glitter" effect when I attended a wedding and several people mentioned and asked about it on my face. Who knew? Doesn't show up when you put it on in the best of bathroom mirror lights.

However, I adore it. Great ingredients, protects the face, looks natural.

I've decided to tell people I added fairy dust.

Respected Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@hoosieroriginal @waterlily

I also found out, accidentally, about the "glitter" effect when I attended a wedding and several people mentioned and asked about it on my face. Who knew? Doesn't show up when you put it on in the best of bathroom mirror lights.

However, I adore it. Great ingredients, protects the face, looks natural.

I've decided to tell people I added fairy dust.

@1Professor -at my age, I won't walk around with glitter on my face.  I use Covergirl TrueBlend and love it - very light weight.  I have great skin so I just need minimal coverage.  The IT was too heavy. 

Super Contributor

I must have gotten a different formulation, there is no "glitter on my face."

Respected Contributor

@waterlily wrote:

@waterlily @hoosieroriginal

There's two different ones, which look the same:

IT Cosmetics Celebration Foundation SPF 50

IT Cosmetics Illumination Celebration Foundation SPF 50

Illumination has what some are calling glitter. It doesn't actually look like glitter and is mostly invisible. In certain light, there's a bit of sparkle.

Super Contributor

I'm using Illumination Foundation, no glitter.

Valued Contributor

Waterlily,  I'm so glad for you! I am 59, and tried it for the first time this past week. Unfortunately, it emphasizes every little fine line and does not sit on my skin. Also looks "powdery". I'm disappointed! Coverage is just ok. I'm happy that it works so well for you.

Respected Contributor

@waterlily wrote:

I don't get glitter from mine either @waterlily.

I know this for a fact because I always check my makeup in the car vanity mirror, outside before I go anywhere.

I find the coverage to be light. Not heavy at all.  Nothing like liquid foundations. 

It's one of my go-to products.

~Enough is enough~
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been watching today and everyone who they showed close up looked like it was caked on and every pore was magnified.  Not sure if they put more on because of TV, or what.  Didn't buy Smiley Sad