Respected Contributor

Hi @Shanus

A few days ago I recall reading one of your posts regarding eye creams/moisturizers - that they were not necessary.

I'm about to run out of mine and before I take the plunge, would you confirm that you, indeed, stated this?  Would I then simply apply my face moisturizer to that area?

TIA

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@pommom wrote:

Hi @Shanus

A few days ago I recall reading one of your posts regarding eye creams/moisturizers - that they were not necessary.

I'm about to run out of mine and before I take the plunge, would you confirm that you, indeed, stated this?  Would I then simply apply my face moisturizer to that area?

TIA

@pommom   I doubt I would have said this since I believe face moisturizers are too emollient for under eyes and can cause puffiness overnight. During the day, it's too heavy and concealers slip off it. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus , What is eye cream you would recommend.? Shamus, I have always used Tatcha products. Products have done well for me. I read recently that Tatcha has been sold. Noticed on my last order changes in packaging. Hoping that ingredients will not be changed. Several companies when sold new company seem to  lessen ingredients. Any thoughts? I value your insight. 

Honored Contributor

@sligo wrote:

@Shanus , What is eye cream you would recommend.? Shamus, I have always used Tatcha products. Products have done well for me. I read recently that Tatcha has been sold. Noticed on my last order changes in packaging. Hoping that ingredients will not be changed. Several companies when sold new company seem to  lessen ingredients. Any thoughts? I value your insight. 

Hi @sligo. I use Skinceuticals Eye Balm. It's a good consistency for day and night. It has just enough slip to help my concealer from settling into lines, but enough enough moisture for a eye cream as night, as well. I've used it for many years. My entire skincare routine has been Skinsceuticals. 

Trusted Contributor

@sligo wrote:

@sligo  Thank you for posting about the sale of Tatcha.  I did not know that.  Wow.  Like you I notice when a company is sold, the product is cheapened.  I have very sensitive skin and Tatcha has been a game changer for me.  Thanks for the head's up.  I truly appreciate it.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus 

Thanks for clarifying this for me.  

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@pommom wrote:

@Shanus 

Thanks for clarifying this for me.  

You're welcome @pommom .

Trusted Contributor

@Shamus, You are the best. Always thankful because you are thoughtful and the kindness you give  in always answering our questions.Many Thanks, Prov