Honored Contributor

I was just flipping through the "recently on air" and saw Shalimar!  I still have a couple of bottles of it!  It's okay, but not my favorite.  I only wear it in the winter.

Managers and clients usually gave us Chrismtas gifts.  I can't count the number of times I got Shalimar as a gift.  Never could figure out the connection between me and Shalimar that prompted people to select that scent for me.

People who knew me "personally" never chose Shalimar

Contributor

That is so funny! Iused to wear Shalimar 40yrs ago It was very popular.I was contacted recently by an old flame who said when he thinks of me he remembers the Shalimar.

Honored Contributor

Wow!  That is going back.  My college roommate's mother loved Shalimar.  I would buy it for her every Christmas.  That's 35 years ago.

Trusted Contributor

whoa! they still make that?! lol! the name alone instantly brought back memories of my younger days. my sister used to wear that. and charlie. and others that i see in my mind but can no longer remember the names of. 

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

That is so funny! Iused to wear Shalimar 40yrs ago It was very popular.I was contacted recently by an old flame who said when he thinks of me he remembers the Shalimar.

Your old flame must've liked chocolate chip cookies because that is what Shalimar smells like...chocolate chip cookies, lol.

Honored Contributor

Thread reminding me of Love's Baby Soft & Love's Jasmine. Especially loved Jasmine. Yes, I remember "Charlie" as well as other scents. 

Honored Contributor

Perfume is such a personal choice.  Unless you know what the person wears as far as fragrance you need to leave it alone and give her a gift card.  I never did smell Shalimar but it was popular at one time.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

My Mom wore it for so many years,  decades ago. 

Super Contributor

I love Shalimar and wore it for a long time .  Then I changed to Light Shalimar,which Is a more subtle version and I noticed people didn't complement it as much.

Lately I've been wearing another Guerlain fragrance, Insolence.   It's similar to Shalimar,with a berry type scent.

Respected Contributor

I just found an old unopened bottle of the 'real' Shalimar and it is the small  pure 'parfum' from Paris.

I've begun wearing it again for what remains of winter, then will go back to Trish McAvoy's #9 and Chanel #5 Premiere.

During the summer I like Chanel #5 L'Eau or O de Lancome.

It gets really hot here.