Regular Contributor

Self tanner old question same question

I just getting into a new self tanner this year. I have been using up Tan Towels and Tarte. Any new ones out there to try ? or old self tanners I want to try a new one this year.

Respected Contributor

Re: Self tanner old question same question

I alternate Tan Towels with San Tropez, gives me the perfect color!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Regular Contributor

What St. Topez the new one or the light/dark one ?

Respected Contributor

I use the white bottle, the classic, I also have the express, either work well for me.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

My fave has always been BE Faux Tan.  I've tried all the drugstore brands plus Tan Towells and St. Tropez, but the BE Faux Tan looks the most natural to me and lasts the longest for me.

About 3 weeks ago, I decided to go to the local tanning salon for a spray tan.  I like the results of it too.  It cost $9.95, and I will probably try it again.

Honored Contributor

I have given up on self tanners. They ALL make me smell like dirty feet after a few hours and it doesn't matter what brand it is. Guess my chemistry is to blame. and looking tan isn't a big thing to me anymore. But when the fish belly whiteness of my legs gets to me, I do like using bronzers. Had one from the Q that was clear and had tiny bubbles of color that burst when you rubbed it on your skin that was amazing. Good color and not a  funky smell. It washed off with the next shower. Didn't stain anything either. Sally Hansen has a good leg bronzer too. I put a little moisturizer in with it to help it go on easier.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love the  Jergens lotion one. No smell and a really nice "normal" tan and I am fair. I use the deep one..lol .  no smell at all

I have always used  Tan towels before this yr

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I have given up on self tanners. They ALL make me smell like dirty feet after a few hours and it doesn't matter what brand it is. Guess my chemistry is to blame. and looking tan isn't a big thing to me anymore. But when the fish belly whiteness of my legs gets to me, I do like using bronzers. Had one from the Q that was clear and had tiny bubbles of color that burst when you rubbed it on your skin that was amazing. Good color and not a  funky smell. It washed off with the next shower. Didn't stain anything either. Sally Hansen has a good leg bronzer too. I put a little moisturizer in with it to help it go on easier.

@wagirl

Same here.  I gave up on them too.  No matter what I tried, how much I exfoliated prior, etc., they always looked steaky and orange. I will mix a bit of Sally Hansen leg makeup with my moisturizer once in awhile too.