Respected Contributor

Deep Pore Cleansing? 2 bumps on cheeks that won't go away.

I do not have any pimples, finally grew out of them when I hit my 40's 4 years ago (lol)

but I have two maybe milnia (spelling) on my cheek, just clear like little pimple looking things that will not pop, I've tried a few times, they bleed and clear stuff will come out then it heals and stays, don't bleed on their own just little bumps that won't go away, I thought maybe doing a DEEP pore cleaning on them?

I use the Radical skin pads, also have Dr D's pads, I use a enzyme mask once a week but maybe I need something stronger for these?

Product suggestion?

Thanks in advacne.

Honored Contributor

Re: Deep Pore Cleansing? 2 bumps on cheeks that won't go away.

You may want to try Paula's Choice 2% BHA. Some things respond better to BHAs than AHAs.

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue  Good Idea!! I have the liquid 2% on hand and actually have a sample I haven't tried of the BHA9, think that is the name of it....

Respected Contributor

I was going to suggest the BHA9!
Respected Contributor

I have had Milia and had to have them removed by a dermatoligist.

Here is a link about Milia removal

http://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advice/eye-care/_/How-to-Get-Rid-of-Milia

Respected Contributor

I have some BHA 2 percent liquid left and a sample of the BHA9, can or should I use them together or one or the other or how do I use them?

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant mine are square in the middle of my cheek and I would say a little larger than those shown in the pic on Paula's site, good info though and it looks like BHA is a good choice to try and get rid of them....I hope! I will just be consistant with it and pray it works.

Respected Contributor

I use the 2% liquid over my entire face at night, then the bha9 over it as a spot treatment.
Respected Contributor

@Rachb  Ok, I will try that, I see that they are on sale right now on her website too, may be a good idea for me to buy the full size of the BHA9

Honored Contributor

Hey @SandGirl girlie!

Backstory:

I'm a HUGE YouTube fan of Dr. Sandra Lee (aka Dr. Pimple Popper).  She's on 'The Doctors' a lot...and her channel is so informative.

Here's a video with her extracting milia...and talking about what they are.

https://youtu.be/Wfj8XzaLWJY

She explains they are basically little tiny cysts right underneath the skin...and the only way to remove requires a small nick in the skin.  The entire sack needs to come out or they will remain.  Would hate to DIY & cause scarring.  Maybe a quick visit to the Derm would be in order?  Good luck!