Honored Contributor

Okay I believe you that there is no smell during development.

Ingredients below for the phenomenal 2-3 week tan in fair. Think the saccharide isomerate might affect the tan smell and development actions somehow? It is supposedly a carbohydrate moisturizer:

From truthinaging.com "Saccharide Isomerate, which is marketed under the trademark name Pentavitin, is a water-binding agent and emollient, according to CosmeticsInfo.org. It is an effective moisturizer containing natural carbohydrates found in the stratum corneum of human skin. It binds to the free amino groups of lysine in the keratin of the stratum corneum, and cannot be washed off easily, leading to long-lasting moisturization (SkinInfo.com)."

Maybe it reacts especially well with the dihydroxyacetone tanning action since both ingredients have to do with sugar and the skin.

Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Water (Aqua, Eau)*, Dihydroxyacetone***, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Saccharide Isomerate***, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract**, Hammamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract**, Fucus Vesicolosus (Bladderwrack) Extract**, Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract**, Citric Acid, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract*, Rubus Ideaus (Raspberry) Extract*, Litchi Chinensis (Lychee) Extract**, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Liquorice) Extract*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract**, Gingko Biloba Extract*, Sodium Benzoate, Betain, Potassium Sorbate, CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 60730 (Ext. Violet 2), CI 14700 (Red 4)

*Organic / **Natural Origin / ***Ecocert

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I put self tanner on last night. Right now, I stink from rotting pumpkins......AND I have NO color......nothing but the lousy smell.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor
On 6/13/2014 Desertdi said:

I put self tanner on last night. Right now, I stink from rotting pumpkins......AND I have NO color......nothing but the lousy smell.

At least you do not look like rotting pumpkins.

Respected Contributor
On 6/12/2014 ginabfly said:

Tan Towels are better than most that I've tried, but there's still a slight smell after a few hours. It might have to do with body chemistry, but also I think it's just what happens when you're dying your skin.

I noticed the newer version for face only is free of any odor that I can detect.

I've tried so many STs over the years. The active ingredient is hard to disguise, but some brands are more successful than others.

Some get worse the next day, rather than dissipate.

Respected Contributor

I have a question I hope someone will answer if you can. I already have a medium skin tone and tan easily.

Would Vita Liberata be suitable for my medium skin? And can it be used on the face without that unnatural look?

It's one I keep reading glowing reviews about here... and really would like to try. Seems most of the comments are from fair ladies.

TIA!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
On 6/12/2014 bunny~ said:

I started using Jergen's Natural Glow a few days ago. Smells nice like a body lotion. No chemical smell at all and I am pleasantly surprised with that.
It has given me nice color also.

I use this too in the foam version med/dark (so easy to apply and NO streaking or smell!) everyday and keep my ""natural glow"" all year. Best I've ever used!

Super Contributor

I have a huge bottle of St. Tropez so I was going to wait until next summer to try Vita Liberata --but I am so tempted to go ahead and get it now!

The smell of self-tanner makes me miserable. I use it once a week and it's torture for the five hours I leave it on. I love the color of St. Tropez but not the smell or stickiness. I can't sleep in it. The smell keeps me awake! And I can still smell it after I shower for about a day. I have a strong sense of smell.

I use the Tan towels on my face and the smell is not that bad. I can sleep in it.

Super Contributor
On 6/13/2014 Funloving said:

I have a question I hope someone will answer if you can. I already have a medium skin tone and tan easily.

Would Vita Liberata be suitable for my medium skin? And can it be used on the face without that unnatural look?

It's one I keep reading glowing reviews about here... and really would like to try. Seems most of the comments are from fair ladies.

TIA! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

I would also love some guidance on what shade to get --do fair people get fair? Sephora lists Fair, Medium and Dark.

Super Contributor

They all smell. It is chemistry of how the product works. For whatever reason, maybe the other inactive ingredients some don't smell as bad but they all smell after 5 or 6 hours or so.

I always put my self tanner on at night and find that most of that awful smell will shower off in the morning. I stand under the water longer than normal during self-tanning season. I find it helps flush that scent off a bit better. But if I break out in a sweat later that day, I can still catch wafts of it.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Respected Contributor

Ok Kids,

I collect STs, so I purchased the dark from Sephora. I've just got to test this stuff. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} I will say the application video here is very informative.

At Sephora for the same sized bottle it's $54. I added 3 samples, plus they have some other freebies with code - I chose the Nude Skincare Advanced Renewal Sample Set and my grand total was $56.97 = product plus tax.

Here it's on waitlist. Out of curiosity I tallied the cost with shipping and tax. It came to 54.95 I think. So here's a case where it's cheaper to buy on QVC.

If you must return, it's free at Sephora. Plus you get the extras I mentioned.