Occasional Contributor
Unfortunately, seasonals make my hair feel dry, especially at the ends. I have to stick with SAM and TT to make my hair look and feel healthy. I like both formulas, but sometimes I get a little bored and want to experience the amazing seasonal scents that everyone raves about! So for anyone who experiences dry hair from seasonals, do any of them work for you? Or do you do anything specifically to keep your hair feeling moisturized but still being able to use the seasonals? I'm thinking of trying FAS because I've read that it's more moisturizing but I am worried I'll still have the same results I always do with seasonals.
Respected Contributor

I always try to remember to put back in enough leave in and styling creme. Blow drying can be the culprit here more than anything else.

Occasional Contributor

I use Fig and combine it with whatever seasonal is 'in season'. The SHP was the best I've found so far.

Have you tried adding a drop or 2 of oil to the ends in the shower? That helps me a lot in the drier winter months.

Honored Contributor

It does vary by formula. I can't tell you about FAS because I hated the scent so much that I couldn't use it without something else. I found some of the newer seasonals to be more moisturizing than the original formulas. I love the scent of Winter Vanilla Mint, but it leaves my hair very dry. Winter Cranberry Mint, Summer Honey Peach, and Spring Orange Blossom did not leave my hair feeling dry and I can use them on their own at least a few times a month, but my hair really needs the moisture of Fig.

Fig is my savior and transforms almost anything. If I use Fig for my second cleanse or mix Fig with a seasonal, my hair won't be left dry.

For me, blow drying is definitely not the culprit, as I rarely use my dryer and almost always air dry.

Respected Contributor
On 10/8/2014 eriley said:

I use Fig and combine it with whatever seasonal is 'in season'. The SHP was the best I've found so far.

Have you tried adding a drop or 2 of oil to the ends in the shower? That helps me a lot in the drier winter months.

I agree with eriley about using fig with your seasonals. Fig is very moisturizing and if your hair tends to be dry this should help.

You didn't tell us what seasonal you were using that made your hair dry.

I also don't recommend FAS since I couldn't use it and it gave me a headache. If you like spicy body products you may like it but it wouldn't be one formula that I would recommend. FAS is the only Wen product that I couldn't use and I have tried all of the cores and seasonals since I started using Wen in August, 2013. The only cc's that I haven't tried yet are the new wen men, FTP since I haven't ordered it yet and wen's kids formulas.

Honored Contributor
On 10/8/2014 susan25 said:
On 10/8/2014 eriley said:

I agree with eriley about using fig with your seasonals. Fig is very moisturizing and if your hair tends to be dry this should help.

You didn't tell us what seasonal you were using that made your hair dry.

I also don't recommend FAS since I couldn't use it and it gave me a headache. If you like spicy body products you may like it but it wouldn't be one formula that I would recommend. FAS is the only Wen product that I couldn't use and I have tried all of the cores and seasonals since I started using Wen in August, 2013. The only cc's that I haven't tried yet are the new wen men, FTP since I haven't ordered it yet and wen's kids formulas.

I LOVE spicy body products and hated FAS. I didn't get any spice out of FAS, only sickly sweet maple. I would recommend Fall Ginger Pumpkin to anyone wanting a spice scent. I know Chaz said FAS was the "most spicy" when we was selling the three fall scents and I was seriously taken aback by that.

Occasional Contributor
Thanks for the help! I started with winter cranberry mint and have tried every seasonal since then except for FTP. I'll definitely try using seasonals for my first cleanse and fig or TT for my second cleanse. I think my problem was loving the seasonals so much that I would use them exclusively, but my hair needs more moisture. Thanks again! I hope I am able to incorporate seasonals into my routine!
Occasional Contributor
Oh and also, I've smelled FAS but haven't used it yet. My stylist uses wen exclusively and had every single formula for sale at her salon (I know, I'm lucky!) I really liked the smell so I might give it a try!
Occasional Contributor
Has*
Respected Contributor
On 10/8/2014 Michelle623 said: Oh and also, I've smelled FAS but haven't used it yet. My stylist uses wen exclusively and had every single formula for sale at her salon (I know, I'm lucky!) I really liked the smell so I might give it a try!

That is very interesting. I never heard of any salon except for Chaz that sold Wen. It definitely makes it very convenient.