Esteemed Contributor

Re: Salons in my state can open soon

I can't wait for my state to open, but I hear mid June.  Have no worries going at all as Shop Rite seems more hazardous than a haircut in my town.  Would not be happy with the "no blow dry" situation if that does happen, only because my hairdresser does half my cut after it is blown dry.  Might be better off waiting until I can get it done the right way.  Have no idea why the blow dryer, which has no human contact, and everone wearing masks, would present an issue.  My salon went through a special course for cleanliness and safety precautions.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just because your immunologist gave you permission to re-enter the world on June 15, this virus isn't going anywhere anytime soon.  This is something we will all have to deal with pretty much for the rest of this year. 

An immunologist is not the same as an infectious disease doctor that actually studies coronaviruses, so I would be careful trusting someone like that to give you the go ahead which could lead people lik yourself to feel safer than you actually are.. 

Many of the states rushing to open up right now so people can get their haircuts and such, will start seeing a resurgence in cases and will be well on their way to wave 2 of this disease by mid to late summer.  If people think this little quarantine right now is bad, just wait for it to come back with a vengence!

Valued Contributor

I hope everyone who can't wait to get their hair done can go very soon.   No fun looking at roots or hair that needs to be cut.

But....for those who think it's safer going to a salon than, say, Home Depot, I disagree.  You can always dodge or get away from a cougher when you are in a store.  In a salon, whatcha gonna do if someone ends up coughing not far from you (after all, can we really be sure anyone near us, including our stylist is virus-free?) and you can't make a quick get-away because your color is still being applied?   You're stuck in place.

It's just an individual decision.  We shouldn't be squabbling over who feels which way.

About the possible blow dryer ban: I remember reading that hand-dryers like you find in some restrooms are bad because they spread bacteria.  So maybe that's the case with hair-blowers.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Im sorry you feel this way but one must consider not everyone's area has been hard hit by virus.  Plus, every area has its own regulations.

Yes there is some "anxiety" but staying in our houses only brings more "anxiety" and I feel for me personally as long as I take precautions to protect me is most important.

And I'm far from stupid 😡😡😡

Highlighted
Super Contributor

It will be a long time before I visit a salon.  I find it way to risky.  As long as virus cases keep going up no salon visit for me.  I cut my own hair and it actually turned out well.  Better safe than sorry.  I would not feel comfortable visiting any salon right now.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know when my state's beauty salons will open, and I really don't care.  My health is waaay more important to me than getting a haircut.

Different strokes.....

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@PilatesLover  You are lucky.  Hopefully, your hair stylist wears a mask too.  I think the no hair dryer really stinks.  How can you tell what the hair cut looks like?  I live in IL and we are in quarantine until end of May.  The governor of IL and the mayor of Chicago are really conservative on the reopening which is good but still difficult for everyone involved.

@Katcat1 , even though things are starting to open slowly here in PA as of this week, our governor is very conservative too about these matters. Salons won't open for quite awhile according to him.

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Risking your life for vanity reasons...hair cuts...nails...etc,  going to a gym....going to a shopping mall to shop... or going bowling sounds  just really stupid to me.

sadly There  are a lot of stupid people. 💀 

You can disagree with people but there's no need to judge and call them names.  

QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care