Honored Contributor
On 7/31/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 7/31/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 7/31/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 7/31/2014 SeaGal said:

Chi-town girl, ok she didnt flat out apologize but she did come back and say thank you for the correction.

I wrote out a response a couple times and deleted it because I am just so done with this. But I still think Marens post 18 was harsh and set a whole nother tone here, jmo.

btw, Karena and Buck i Nana said they did get a 3 oz at one time.

I didn't mean to be harsh, and as I said to Glitter Fairy, I wasn't referring just to her. I'd posted above that the same thing had happened to me with the 24 Hour cream.

And I apologized to her for posting that before I saw her follow up post. Not enough? Okay. But the fact remains that too many times people DO just come in to rant and don't bother coming back to see if poster after poster has POLITELY (not harshly) explained what the problem or misunderstanding could have been. I think the OP could have phrased her initial post differently rather than essentially accusing Skinn/HQ of ripping her off. That's what set the tone for me.

Maren-i don't think you were harsh or out of line. And I agree with your frustration about the "flame throwers" that open a controversial thread and then disappear. The fact is shophq lowered s&h just for us/this promotion on top of offering some fantastic buys. How about some GRATITUDE. To open a thread that claims "rip off" without facts is what is harsh---it's BS, and she did not apologize. And if anyone thinks it's a rip off, send it back, no need to bash the man or his brand.

my dear, it happens every day all the time with other vendors (chaz comes to mind, as does mally and perricone, etc) and yet no one makes as much fuss as this thread is getting. geez. So many double standards. This thread is just silly.

LOL..I've read many of the WEN threads defending the product and chaz. In comparison, this one is like playing in a sandbox!

What I am saying is that some of the people that make these statements are the same ones that will say things like "perricone sells snake oil" but boy if someone says something bad about the guy who makes products THEY use and like, boy it is a different story. Never mind the fact that there ARE people that like those products, etc. Glitter fairy doesn't "owe" anyone an apology, even if she was mistaken. I just think it is silly that people are demanding she apologize. Really? It is skincare.

Super Contributor

Chi-town girl, ok she didnt flat out apologize but she did come back and say thank you for the correction.

I wrote out a response a couple times and deleted it because I am just so done with this. But I still think Marens post 18 was harsh and set a whole nother tone here, jmo.

I didn't mean to be harsh, and as I said to Glitter Fairy, I wasn't referring just to her. I'd posted above that the same thing had happened to me with the 24 Hour cream.

And I apologized to her for posting that before I saw her follow up post. Not enough? Okay. But the fact remains that too many times people DO just come in to rant and don't bother coming back to see if poster after poster has POLITELY (not harshly) explained what the problem or misunderstanding could have been. I think the OP could have phrased her initial post differently rather than essentially accusing Skinn/HQ of ripping her off. That's what set the tone for me.

Maren-i don't think you were harsh or out of line. And I agree with your frustration about the "flame throwers" that open a controversial thread and then disappear. The fact is shophq lowered s&h just for us/this promotion on top of offering some fantastic buys. How about some GRATITUDE. To open a thread that claims "rip off" without facts is what is harsh---it's BS, and she did not apologize. And if anyone thinks it's a rip off, send it back, no need to bash the man or his brand.

my dear, it happens every day all the time with other vendors (chaz comes to mind, as does mally and perricone, etc) and yet no one makes as much fuss as this thread is getting. geez. So many double standards. This thread is just silly.

LOL..I've read many of the WEN threads defending the product and chaz. In comparison, this one is like playing in a sandbox!

I spent time on a political board which could really be cutthroat (and we were all on the same "side")! There was even an ongoing WAR over the Olive Garden! We're a funny species.

Honored Contributor

What I am saying is that some of the people that make these statements are the same ones that will say things like "perricone sells snake oil" but boy if someone says something bad about the guy who makes products THEY use and like, boy it is a different story. Never mind the fact that there ARE people that like those products, etc. Glitter fairy doesn't "owe" anyone an apology, even if she was mistaken. I just think it is silly that people are demanding she apologize. Really? It is skincare.

HD-I don't have an issue with anyone questioning the validity of a product, spokesperson, offer etc, but if someone opens a thread with the title of "ripoff", better have your facts to back it. There was no misrepresentation, no ripoff. If anything, we received a better value b/c they listened to our concerns about shipping costs. On this issue, we disagree, but I respect your opinion.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Anyone reading this thread can see where it went off the rails...

Honored Contributor

Anyone reading this thread can see where it went off the rails... Smile

Yes it derailed right at the beginning-the title of the thread and her accompanying statement suggested that there was some scheme to defraud us. I typically ignore threads that appear to be inflammatory or off the rail, but due to my interest/as a consumer in Skinn, I read it today b/c of the visibility. It would have rested if the OP responded differently when she was corrected.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Chi-town girl, there is not doubt the thread topic was an unfortunate mistake. But then Maren blasted her for not coming back when, if she had read the thread she would have seen that she did. Why would you accuse someone of not coming back when you didnt even check first to see if they did. In a sense she did the same thing the OP did, made an unfortunate mistake... with a side of snark. I like Maren but I was kind of shocked she acted like she did.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one OK.