Esteemed Contributor

Re: SIMPLIFY 2015-join us if you want to commit to spending less and want support! Week 1

Bumping this thread up for a new day.

Two more bags going to Goodwill today.

Continued success Ladies!

Respected Contributor

Re: SIMPLIFY 2015-join us if you want to commit to spending less and want support! Week 1

There has been a Week 2 started, so remember to move over there so this thread doesn't get too long!

Respected Contributor

I bought a purse last night on Amazon. I've spent six months looking for a crossbody bag that will hold enough. If this works, I'm sending the Travelon back to QVC. I'll be out some money but it will be worth it. I've been looking for this purse everywhere and there it was on Amazon reduced by forty bucks. I have no more packages coming from the Q. Almost faltered on a Liz Claiborne lunchtime special.

Lunchtime specials add up because the shipping is still the same. I'm returning two bathrobes in one package.

Haven't had time for organizing apartment but am meeting with a SHINE counselor tomorrow because my Medicare is screwed up. No one is sure how it happened.

I had cc debt about fifteen years ago and got out of it by "kiting," e.g. using no interest for a year cards. I had a graph I checked almost every day. But that was before the crash; I don't think those offers exist any more. I now put everything on Discover and pay in full. But I was hit with major dental and car bills and if I kept on spending like I had been I'd be in trouble again. Am going to meet with my dentist; he's too expensive and I'm looking around. I want him to know before I leave him; he did give me a break on a crown when I offered to pay up front in full. I'm considering making a deal with my hairdresser for blowdrys; sometimes it's really hard for me to hold a hair dryer (I have a light weight one) long enough to dry my hair. I don't think it will work but I know she wouldn't be offended. Unfortunately I live in the high rent district.

I'm defrosting foods from my freezer so I won't keep buying what I already have. I have Crohn's disease and my diet is expensive, e.g. lots of fresh fish, veggies, preservative free.

Next week I take on Comcast. I made a formal complaint about a service call and got sixty bucks off my next bill but that's only one bill.

I have been unsubscribing to emails. I try to do three a day.

I've been going to the library since I've been six years old; my library doesn't do magazines but I've cut back to two subscriptions. I feel it's thirty dollars a year well spent.