Regular Contributor

As I’m getting older my hair is getting thinner on the roots as well as everywhere else on my head. When I put a clip in it separates into a middle part which I don’t like. So my question to you is: do you have any idea which product can help thicken the root area? 

I’ve done so much research but I can’t buy everything mentioned in those articles. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Root thickener

[ Edited ]

Remember the pioneers moving westwardly?  As we age, it seems our bodies head south.  I think I've shrunk another 1/2".  Pretty soon I'll be able to dance with the Minions!!

Woman Wink  My hair parts down the center too.  When it curls, it looks the wife on the Jetsons!  Hoohohhhohhohhhoho

Esteemed Contributor

@Katilein  I use Great Hair Day by Joan Rivers.QVC sells it.I’ve been using it for years. I love it 😍.It fills in thinning hair naturally. It makes your thinning areas look thicker. Read the reviews they’re excellent.

Honored Contributor

I've dealt with thinning hair most of my life, especially after I turned 40. I think I've tried everything in the market to get my hair thicker. Nothing really worked very well. I'm 62 now and about three years ago I decided to buy a hair laser device...the I-Grow. It's the only thing that has ever put hair back on my head and that includes things my doctor gave me. The thing about it is, you have to commit to it using the thing and plan on using it for the rest of your life. Hair loss is something that will not reverse itself naturally and it only gets worse as time goes on. The sooner you start doing something about hair loss, the better chances there are for hair to grow back. Looking for thickening potions, shampoos or conditioners will not solve the problem...temporarily yes, but the problem  still remains.

Honored Contributor

Sprinkle in Toppik or XFusion thickening hair fibers, same product, just markleted under different names. find it on ebay for best prices or amazon.

Contributor

Dry shampoos help.  I would recommend trying one before you try something more expensive.  They cost around $6.  I use Dove's.  Their flexible hairspray also gives hair a thicker appearance.

Honored Contributor

I use toppix for filler and to darken my roots. 

I have had some success with Nioxin as well. 

Respected Contributor

Interestingly, I was thinking this same thing today!!  While I love using WEN and it makes my hair soft and conditioned and helps to hold the color, I keep seeing my hair thinning (it's always been fine) on the top of my head.  I also would really like to find something to help with that.

Joan Rivers Great Hair Day isn't a good color match for me.  I don't know if Toppix has a color for me (auburn) but I might see if they do.  I've used a root cover product by TruHair  which I suppose also helps to make my hair look a little fuller only because it covers some of the scalp,  However, I've found these powders typically dull my hair.

I'd be curious about I-Grow but I don't know that I would be willing to make that level of committment. 

So, perhaps shampoos and treatments don't really do much, but I did purchase some products from Regenpure that had good reviews, but haven't tried them  yet.  We'll see if that helps at all.

Trusted Contributor

I hear you all and have the same prob...along with chronic pain I do not need this thinning hair ****** Smiley Sad  very depressing as we age!!!

I have been using a new line my long time smart salon owner just got in...OMGOSh less fall out major less after using only 6 times...mine is no doubt post menopausal.

So happy using this and tried the Farrell brand but didn't care for that routine.

I also began taking CQ10 10 mg. once a day along with my daily 5,000 mg Biotin (gel caps - has to be gel I'm told) and this has been working..but the 3 parts to my new shampoo conditioner and the no silicone serum.

Fingers crossed! 

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Regular Contributor

Thank you to all. I unfortunately can’t afford those electronic devices, so I will give it last ditch effort with bumble& bumble dry spun spray. How frustrating this is.