Super Contributor

panda123, I used Joan Rivers also and found it perfect when I was coloring my hair. But I have let my hair grow out to one length and stopped coloring it. Now it's in the between stage---partly white (a very pretty white, according to my stylist) and still have growing to do to get the same length.

I never thought about using Joan's product for my eyebrows which are very white. What a great idea! Thanks for mentioning that. I will certainly use the product that way.

It's nice to go natural---certainly saves money!

Great suggestion!

tea

Trusted Contributor

I use Joan Rivers and love it.  Tempted to try the HSN product, but it seemed to me that it might be a bit messy so I just stay with what works.

Valued Contributor

I have used Joan rivers and Wow and my fav is the Wow..It covers my greys good and also use it to shade my scalp where i am thinning.Its a must have for me.

Respected Contributor

Re: Root Cover ups

[ Edited ]

@Midnight11 wrote:

I have used Joan rivers and Wow and my fav is the Wow..It covers my greys good and also use it to shade my scalp where i am thinning.Its a must have for me.

@MidNight I use the Joan Rivers product and like it pretty well.  But I'd like to know, where do you buy Wow, and what do you like better about it? Is it a powder?

Honored Contributor

For years I used JR because it seemed to be the best on the market.  It was dark and it covered my part, not just the gray.  Then again, it was for thinning hair not covering grays.

When WOW came on the market I was thrilled as it clung to my roots not my scalp.  There were also a variety of colors.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, WOW does not come in any red or auburn shades.

Respected Contributor

@susan kay it's not messy at all.  I also like that it gives my hair a little more umph. Have you watched the demo at HSN?  I was suprised as I've not been too crazy about these products before.  My hair grows like crazy so I schedule very frequent touch ups and I usually only have to use it for a few days so I'm not sure how it holds up in say, bad weather. But it works very well for me and I'm pretty sure the reviews are good. 

Sorry for for the run on sentence. Couldn't think of a better way to say it 😊

Valued Contributor

@smoky22 i just saw this!sorry it took so long!...I got my first wow at qvc and my second one on ebay..The color seems to grab better on my grey than joans product and it stays on good..It also does not dull my hair..The wow has a sheen to it and is not a flat brown.I have light brown hair and use the med brown.This is a must have for me because i dont like tinting my hair and wait to long in between and this really helps hide the grey.

Respected Contributor

@Midnight11 wrote:

@smoky22 i just saw this!sorry it took so long!...I got my first wow at qvc and my second one on ebay..The color seems to grab better on my grey than joans product and it stays on good..It also does not dull my hair..The wow has a sheen to it and is not a flat brown.I have light brown hair and use the med brown.This is a must have for me because i dont like tinting my hair and wait to long in between and this really helps hide the grey.

@MidNightThank you for the response.  I've been gone for a week so I didn't see this until today.  I'll check it out. 

Trusted Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I prefer Rita Hazen.

Agree! the spray or the powder...it's the best! no itch  or nasty residue feeling not too deep for my colored hair. Good stuff!!!! I even use a glove and spary it on that and apply to my 'side-burns'  ewww hate saying that! LOL

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky