Trusted Contributor

I have tried WOW and the one from HSN and now Jonathan.........which ones do you like best?  The one from Joan Rivers seems like it is a tiny compact and brush.  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

I prefer Rita Hazen.

Honored Contributor

I have been using Roux Tween Time Cover Stick for over 20 years now, one stick lasts forever. Just wet the tip and apply where needed. Dries until you wash it out. Very inexpensive, Sally's has it, also ebay and amazon.

Respected Contributor
Spoiler

I LOVE Gray Away and I get it at WM.  It is a small can of spray (like spray paint).  I spray it on roots either the night before washing or if I do it right before washing I set the color with a blow dryer.

I get the light brown and it goes on pretty dark.  It lasts for about 3 washings. 

I always wash after using it because it feels dirty if you don't.  I also wash "lightly" over where the color is sprayed so it lasts longer.

I get my  hair colored every four weeks. I have to use this about the last week before I go back to the beautician since my hair is pure white and I have it colored brown with blond highlights.

I am so happy with this product that I am never looking for something better.

It is about $9.00 from WM and you can get it other places online such as the big "A" store.

Trusted Contributor

I used Joan Rivers root cover compact  when I was coloring my hair. It worked very well and lasted a long time.  Now I let my hair go natural silver so no more worries!

Respected Contributor

Because my hair is a light auburn, I frequently have a hard time getting a good color match.  Rita Hazan and Joan Rivers were too dark for me.  I've been doing well with TruHair from HSN (although it is a powder so you have to use it very lightly or it can get messy).  I also just picked up Grayce Root Revive in Copper (a duo of two shades) which seems more of a pressed powder.  Only tested that one in the store, so will have to see how that does with use.

Respected Contributor

The TruHair from HSN looks the most natural on me and it's easy to apply. 

Honored Contributor

I was considering Tru Hair from HSN, but it is only a talc powder, I would be afraid it would not adhere to the hair.

Honored Contributor

It really depends on how drastic the difference is when roots start to grow out.

Personally, I am finding great success with Batiste Dry Shampoo in medium brown ......   

All it takes is a quick spritz to color the roots and I've got the added benefit of the dry shampoo absorbing oil at the roots, making time between shampoos stretch out if I want.

Respected Contributor

@june22 wrote:

I used Joan Rivers root cover compact  when I was coloring my hair. It worked very well and lasted a long time.  Now I let my hair go natural silver so no more worries!

I use this to fill in my brows.