Super Contributor

Re: RoC animal testing statement

Sorry...what is RoC?

Respected Contributor

@ThinkOutsidetheBox wrote:

Sorry...what is RoC?

@ThinkOutsidetheBox , it is a skin care line.  HTH.

Super Contributor

Is RoC an acronym for something, or is that the name?

Honored Contributor

And then there are those of us who don't really trust the companies that claim to be cruelty free and don't post that disclaimer.  I am one of them - same as I don't trust lots of other claims -  "natural", "organic," "healthy" among them.

I wish the world were safer than it is, but right now the list of possible battles is just too long and I'm not fighting for all of the possibilities. 

Trusted Contributor

"Not tested on animals" just means THEY didn't test on animals..not that someone else didn't. Test on humans who volunteer, sign a waiver, and get paid well. The whole idea of testing on animals sickens me.

Trusted Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

"Not tested on animals" just means THEY didn't test on animals..not that someone else didn't. Test on humans who volunteer, sign a waiver, and get paid well. The whole idea of testing on animals sickens me.

I feel EXACTLY like you do about animal testing. It's CRUEL and INHUMANE. I don't buy ANY products (cosmetics, cleaning products, etc.) that test on animals OR any products where the PARENT COMPANY tests on animals.

Respected Contributor

@Duckncover , very sell said.  Regarding testing products on humans, maybe they should consider doing it on serial killer, mass murderers rather than putting them in jail.  We, the taxpayer pay for their food, clothing, etc.

IMO, it may cut down on crime.  I'm aware of how drugs tested on animals doesn't necessarily transfer to humans if found safe in animals.  Case in point, were the thalidomide babies.

Why should the innocent animals have to suffer when we have plenty in prisoners in today's world.

JMO.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ThinkOutsidetheBox wrote:

Is RoC an acronym for something, or is that the name?

it's the name of the company: RoC Skincare

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

So what's the bottome line, please?

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

So what's the bottome line, please?

The unrestricted use of these phrases (cruelty free /not tested on animals) by cosmetic companies is possible because there are no legal definitions for these terms.