Super Contributor

Reviews on Peter Thomas Roth tsv

have both of his tsv's.   in this kit  loving the peel.  for me this kit is a winner. not sure if i will keep both on ad.

Honored Contributor

Re: Reviews on Peter Thomas Roth tsv

I don't have the TSV, but I did order the peel by itself.  I wrote a review as well.  I wrote that the product gives the illusion that your skin is peeling off, but it's really just the product balling up and acting like skin coming off.  If you read the reviews, 95% of the reviewers stated their skin was literally peeling off.  However, that's not possible and it's just the product coming off.  This peel made my skin soft for about 15 minutes and nothing else.  I sent it back.  Please understand your skin is not peeling off.

Honored Contributor

@monks wrote:

have both of his tsv's.   in this kit  loving the peel.  for me this kit is a winner. not sure if i will keep both on ad.

@monksif you like the "peel", but don't want to keep the whole kit, you might be interested in trying Cure Aqua Gel.  Check out the reviews on Amazon.  There are some who believe it's only the product balling up, but if you look at the reviews and even google the product, you'll see lots of positive reviews.  I used to use it all the time and just moved on to try other things.  I have so much right now that I'm trying not to buy anything else until I really need to.  I would have no problem going back to Cure at some point.  

Occasional Contributor

Hello.  I use the peel and was wondering how you know that it's the product itself balling up and not the skin peeling off.  What facts do you have to back this up?  And why is it not possible that it's the skin?

Thank you.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxann I can tell you why we know the FirmX peeling gel product is peeling off, and not dead skin. Just look at the ingredients.

"Water, Peg-32, Cellulose, Butylene Glycol, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Water, Sorbitol, R-Bacillus Licheniformis Keratinase, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Lactobacillus/Punica Granatum Fruit Ferment Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium Edta, Algin, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Isopropyl Myristate, Sodium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Mica, Phenoxyethanol."

The third ingredient is cellulose, which would peel off. The enzymes in there do soften and exfoliate your skin. But enzymes digest dead skin cells as they exfoliate. So it's highly unlikely there would be any dead skin left to peel off, and it certainly would not lift up in a sheet, such as after a sunburn.

Peeling stuff off your skin is fun. Like peeling Elmers glue off your fingers was fun in first grade. And I guess rubbing increases circulation too. So there's nothing wrong with using this product. And there are exfoliating ingredients in there, so this not just a fun product without any benefit.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain- Well said.

@Foxann- Here's what one of the reviewers stated:

" I was excited about trying this product as I like the PTR Firm X under eye firming product that I use. However, it was obvious from the first moment that the "peeling" that is promised is only the cellulose coming in contact with air. It did not dry my skin out, but the main claim that it resurfaces your skin is totally bogus. I now have a 3.4 oz. tube of worthless goo. Unfortunately, I threw away the original box, or I would return it. Do not waste your money! "

Another reviewer put the product on a glass bowl and had the same illusion of skin peeling off.  Another did it on her sink and yet another on a balloon.  They all had product balling up  

I used it everyday for a week and the more product I used, the more product came off - not skin.  I'm sure a few cells came off, but that's it.  As @Porcelain stated, it may be a fun product to use, but no benefit.

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal is precisely right.  Come on ladies, this isn't rocket science....

Super Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Foxann-

Another reviewer put the product on a glass bowl and had the same illusion of skin peeling off.  Another did it on her sink and yet another on a balloon.  They all had product balling up  

i do like the peel product better the purity pore remover.  so i did the glass bowl test. using my fingers some balling.  then i used a rubber glove and nothing then i used a wash cloth and again nothing. then i did my sink using fingers rubber gloves and wash cloth.  same results.  sorry you had no results.  some products work for some and others make you feel good.  for me this did both.  i was faithful to another skin care line from another station.  used it for 6 years.  never saw the reults others had.  always buying the newer and improved  products.  have a huge collection of things that didn't work.  i am going to stick with this for 28 days.  no improvement back it will go

Honored Contributor

I used his peel for a while and stopped once the tube was empty, nothing that great. This discussion reminds me of years ago when Ice Elements was popular, and they had their pink peel gel, it was also touted as to see your skin peel off, but it was really just the product itself.

Respected Contributor

I also have this Kit, and I do like it.  Yes, I know that those balls are not my skin rolling off.  That is a given.  But it does exfoliate, and soften the skin, and I do like that.  The other products in the kit work well together, with layering each product, and I have no "pilling/rolling off" the skin when I am done.  I do let each product dry down before adding the next.  I also use the Retinol PM as my first step, and still have no issues.  Unless something changes, I will keep this on the AD.  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey