Honored Contributor

Re: Return Policy

[ Edited ]

@PinkMomi wrote:

Hi Surfer Wife,

I totally agree with you that QVC's shipping costs and policies are pitiful!  I so feel for you and am sorry you found out the hard way.  I also live in Hawaii and rarely buy anything anymore.  The price, with added shipping and tax, makes any product grossly overpriced.   The new $3 or $5 shipping doesn't apply to us in Hawaii, so we pay anywhere from $9 to $25 shipping for one item.  Once in a blue moon, I find an item that I actually want with "free shipping", very rare.  "That's why hard!"  Smiley Frustrated

Do you live on Oahu?  I tend to shop at Sephora on-line (really free shipping $50+ or always free with Rouge) and any returns are free or can be returned in-store at 3 locations.  Nordstroms is similar too.  I know they don't have all the bundled deals that the Q has, but I so refuse to have to pay so much extra just to get it here.  I realized I truly can live without it!

Aloha Beauty Sista!

Aloha PinkMomi,

I live at Sunset Beach! I'm a QVC junkie, and it's so aggravating how much more we pay for shipping. We are in the USA for Pete's sake! anyhow, I do shop at Sephora and Noerdstom's quite often, but QVC does have some TSVs. Since we're having a Blue Moon tonight, you should shop & look for that free shipping...LOL!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.

I was pretty shocked that QVC charges you shipping costs both ways when you return something.  I shop online all the time and have returned a lot of stuff, usually clothing that doesn't fit.  Nearly every big retailer refunds the original shipping charges.  A lot of them charge $7 for the return label, but none of them deduct the original shipping charges from your refund.  I think ths is outrageous for a huge company like QVC to be doing this.  

At first I thought I misunderstood what was written on the website, so I called customer service.  The lady I talked to tried to avoid answering my question directly and kept emphasising that they fully refund defectiver orders or mistakes, even though I was not asking about that.  After beating around the bush, she finally confirmed that I would essentially be charged shipping both ways if I returned something.  Then, she told me a lot of customers are upset with the policy (apparently this is a new thing).  

I think this is a bad move on QVC's part and it really turned me off.  At HSN,  you get a credit for the return label charge, if you purchase the item with your HSN card.  So at least you can buy something else with the money you "lost" from returning your item.  

Not impressed.

Contributor

pity pity

I returned a pair of defective shoes (Clarks) and used their shipping label I downloaded off their website.  My tracking says they have have no status on this item.  I didn't even want a refund. I wanted another pair of shoes which they have. How long does it take them to track my return.  Honestly I will NOT be buying from QVC any longer.

Honored Contributor

@AMEK wrote:

I was pretty shocked that QVC charges you shipping costs both ways when you return something.  I shop online all the time and have returned a lot of stuff, usually clothing that doesn't fit.  Nearly every big retailer refunds the original shipping charges.  A lot of them charge $7 for the return label, but none of them deduct the original shipping charges from your refund.  I think ths is outrageous for a huge company like QVC to be doing this.  

At first I thought I misunderstood what was written on the website, so I called customer service.  The lady I talked to tried to avoid answering my question directly and kept emphasising that they fully refund defectiver orders or mistakes, even though I was not asking about that.  After beating around the bush, she finally confirmed that I would essentially be charged shipping both ways if I returned something.  Then, she told me a lot of customers are upset with the policy (apparently this is a new thing).  

I think this is a bad move on QVC's part and it really turned me off.  At HSN,  you get a credit for the return label charge, if you purchase the item with your HSN card.  So at least you can buy something else with the money you "lost" from returning your item.  

Not impressed.

This is interesting because I do not know of any retailer that refunds the original s/h charge. Where do you order from that will refund your original s/h? 

Trusted Contributor

@Sandy2683 wrote:

I returned a pair of defective shoes (Clarks) and used their shipping label I downloaded off their website.  My tracking says they have have no status on this item.  I didn't even want a refund. I wanted another pair of shoes which they have. How long does it take them to track my return.  Honestly I will NOT be buying from QVC any longer.

LOL registered 34 mins ago and never buying again without getting advice or help.  Call CS and see if they can help you.

Honored Contributor

For those of us who buy and keep beauty and clothes, the new policy is so much better than the old.  As one of those who pretty much buys and keeps, I love the new shipping policy.

I don't buy a whole lot of anything any longer, but I've saved with the new policy --and will on every single item for the rest of 2015 because I already know I'm buying only the few items I already have on AD and those I will keep.

No jewelry or clothing from QVC OR ANYWHERE ELSE until finally my closets and dressers are under control.

I know particularly for those who live where shipping costs are very high, it's a problem, but I don't have a solution although I have to assume since so many threaten to shop elsewhere that there's no reason for Hawaiins or Alaskans to shop QVC????  Still, why shop and complain when the policy was very well explained over and over months ago? That I do not understand.

New Contributor

Their shipping and return shipping policies are just way too expensive and I will be cutting up my Q card and stop shopping at the Q......they are just too greedy and I am fed up with it.

New Contributor

I also learned about the newer return policy the hard way. I ordered an inexpensive item, which I returned,  and by the time I paid for the return label and the original, non-refundable shipping, it cost me 1/3 of the price of the original actual price I had paid. What a rip off! I will never order anything that I am not sure of again. I have been a QVC customer for at least 20 years, and I will definately be shopping at QVC a lot less! I used to praise QVC to my friends and family. Not anymore. I will make sure everyone knows how the policies have changed and how every purchase will cost you, whether you keep it or not.

Return cost is ridiculous! I ordered 2 of the light games. They came in ONE BOX, yet it was considered $5.00 each for shipping. Return label noted $6.95 would be deducted from my refund for shipping. Okay, I can deal with that. But when my refund was almost $17 less than my original total...wrong. When I called and the operator, who was not the most pleasant to deal with, reminded my of the new return policy, I said I understood. But why charge me $5.00 EACH when both items were in same box and charge me $5.00 EACH when I'm returning in same box?? I will be very, very leery of ordering anything from QVC again. They pretty much lost this customer. Always about the dollar, isn't it?