Trusted Contributor
I started using RetinA again about 1-1/2 mos ago. I thought I'd try it on my undereye area. I think my undereyes look 10 times worse. My skin otherwise is starting to look very good. Anyone else have this problem with RetinA? Making there Undereye area look worse? I read that some use it there and it helped, but doesn't seem to be helping me at all.
Trusted Contributor

Re: RetinA usage - Undereyes

I tried RetinA under my eyes and found it too harsh.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Trusted Contributor

Thanks Barbie64. I'm thinking you're right. Anyone else?
Esteemed Contributor

@Himi lover wrote:
Thanks Barbie64. I'm thinking you're right. Anyone else?

Yep, too harsh. I can't use it around my eyes or on my neck.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

I don't use Retin A but I do use Paula's Choice Clinical Retinol 1% all over my face including the undereye. I eased into it mixing it with eye cream and moisturizer for the rest of my face and now I can use it with no problem. It works really well for the undereye area. The bottle states not to use there but it works for me. 

~Live with Intention~
Trusted Contributor

My eyes have been bothering me a lot lately too. Watering, burning. I put RetinA on tonight, but not on my Undereye.
Trusted Contributor

I think it depends on how sensitive your skin is.  I use Retin-A on my undereye area every other day when I use it on my face and neck, and I haven't had any problems other than occasional flaking. 

Valued Contributor

I've used Renova (retin-A in a moisturizing base) under eyes every night for about 15 years. Has worked incredibly for me, as it has for the rest of my face.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe I should mix it with Argan or Rose Hip seed oil. Or apply the oil first then the RetinA over it.
Honored Contributor

The only type I have dared to use under eye is Renova, IMO, the cream portion tends to minimize the drying/flaking effect. Use long-term has been the reliable source of anti-aging. Love the base formulation of Renova. A tube three years Los with tiny amount left is still very effective. Use only the film left behind on fingertips under the eye.
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~