Super Contributor

Lately I have been trying to be more frugal and use up the products that I have rather than purchase new ones. Since I have very sensitive skin, I have several products I can't use on my face, but were beyond the return dates, and I hated to throw full containers out. So I decided to try repurposing products and found two that are winners for me. Do you have any to share?

Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Gel (clear) as hair gel! My face didn't like it, but this works great on hair. I have fine, straight hair and have difficulties with shine products because they tend to make my hair greasy or gummy. This gel gives my hair tons of body and shine, plus it acts as a leave-in conditioner and heat protectant. I've been using this on my hair for the past month and have been getting tons of compliments on my hair. (And no other changes: no new color, cut, style, products, etc.)

Vitamin C serum for hands! Thanks to my oily skin (keeps the wrinkles at bay), people think I'm much younger than I am. My hands, however, tell a different story. The skin on them is crepey and spotted, and no hand cream has made a real difference or improvement. I received a small sample vial of Skinceuticals Phloretin CF, but I can't use it on my face at all (welts, burning), so I decided to try it on my hands. I apply it every morning and night after washing my hands, and then I follow with hand cream. I can't believe the difference in my hands after one month. The skin is looking much plumper and less crepey, and the spots are getting noticeably lighter. It didn't work overnight, but I noticed a huge difference after 3 weeks.