Contributor

Re: Remember Tame Creme Rinse?

Lemon Up. In the yellow bottle, of course. I vaguely recall a lemon image on the top?

Valued Contributor

Short N Sassy.  I used this and so wanted it to make me look and skate like Dorothy Hamill for whom it was named.  What a disappointment. 

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Contributor

Herbal Essense, before it became Herbal Essenses. The scent was magical.

Respected Contributor

I remember Helene Curtis, Albert VO5, Wella Balsam, Sunsilk and all the others mentioned.  I remember mom buying Prell, Alberto VO5 and Wella Balsam a lot.

Trusted Contributor

I remember the herbal essence commercials and remember thinking the woman was so pretty. I thought she was named Eve in them? I don't know if that was just my imagination though.

i think there was a thread a few months ago where people were remembering names of old products....like tickle deodorant, lip smackers, etc etc
Super Contributor

mom started buying it for us Four sisters in the late 50s it came in a small glass bottle so she would mix up a cup worth and pour it over our heads. Must say it did work and put an end to dreaded Saturday night bath and shampoo dramas.

Respected Contributor

Oh, yeah....mixing it and dumping it over your head. And I had long long hair back then. Forgot all about Tame and diluting it. Memory lane.

What I miss is "Herbal Essence" (NOT Essences.)

This was a green shampoo in a bottle that looked a bit like an apothecary's old style domed bottle. The fragrance was absolutely divine. Nothing like it, and I miss that scent. It was rather drying, but I dumped plenty of TAME over my head afterwards.

Respected Contributor

I should have read all the posts first--yes the scent WAS magical. My favorite all time scent. The guys in our dorm would comment (we had co-ed by hallway, then by room.) You washed your hair, I smelled that Herbal Essence when you passed by the door...

Valued Contributor

What about this?  I remember seeing this on the bathroom counter whan I was a very young child.  The shape of the bottle and the brand name Suave have stuck in my head for all these years.  I am not sure what the actual product was for, though.  The label on the bottle is too dim for me to read.  Anyone know?

2610d46d36b5703b9cd90ca15f5e680d.jpg

Trusted Contributor

I remember Tame, but we didn't use it in our home.  We used Breck and Prell.  I remember the Prell commercial where they dropped a pearl in the bottle to show how thick it was.