Honored Contributor

Re: Remember Tame Creme Rinse?

My Mom & I used Tame, and I loved it. Mom kept a tupperware glass with a lid so we could mix it by putting the lid on and shaking it. I had very fine poker straight hair that was down to my waist and without TAME it would have been a knotted, tangled mess.

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone remember a bottle that had wheat on the bottle? It was gold. I cant remember the name. Where do people find the old photos? I tried to find some but no luck.
Trusted Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

I remember Tame, but we didn't use it in our home.  We used Breck and Prell.  I remember the Prell commercial where they dropped a pearl in the bottle to show how thick it was.

Hi @LdyBugzSmiley Happy

Same here. We were "Breck girls," too. Smiley Happy

My Mom used to buy Breck for all of us girls in the home, and we also used Prell, too. My Dad would use it mostly, and I also think that he used Head and Shoulders, too.

We also had Johnson's Baby Shampoo in the home. My Dad also used that, I would use his, too.

Regular Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:
Does anyone remember a bottle that had wheat on the bottle? It was gold. I cant remember the name. 

@NativeJax  - it was called Faberge Organics wheat germ oil & honey.  LOVED that scent too!

But my all time favorite was the Herbal Essence green shampoo.  I've tried a lot of dupes over the years, but none ever quite captured that lovely scent.  *sigh*

Trusted Contributor

@NativeJax

Was it this:

Faberge Organics

Trusted Contributor

Yes that's it:-) i miss a lot of things from the 70's....
Trusted Contributor

@Toppers wrote:

@LdyBugz wrote:

I remember Tame, but we didn't use it in our home.  We used Breck and Prell.  I remember the Prell commercial where they dropped a pearl in the bottle to show how thick it was.

Hi @LdyBugzSmiley Happy

Same here. We were "Breck girls," too. Smiley Happy

My Mom used to buy Breck for all of us girls in the home, and we also used Prell, too. My Dad would use it mostly, and I also think that he used Head and Shoulders, too.

We also had Johnson's Baby Shampoo in the home. My Dad also used that, I would use his, too.

@Toppers,  oh that's right!  "Breck girls"!  :-)

Trusted Contributor

I remember Tame very well since I had very long hair and it worked for me. 

I can still remember the way Breck smelled. Ugh! Had to try it since the commercials were so nice and concvincing. Lol!

Respected Contributor

it was a great hair day when i discovered Hair So New.

the bottle was pink.

Respected Contributor

I loved Tame.

I used to use just about all of these shampoos and conditioners at some point.

This was fun!

It is like going down a shampoo memory lane. Heart