Regular Contributor

Re: Remember Tame Creme Rinse?

Love the Lemon Up and yes it had a lemon on the top, to open.  My little brother like to take them off and play with.  LOL  Thanks for the memory.

Esteemed Contributor

Remember "Sun In"...you sprayed it on your hair and then went outside and it would lighten it? If your hair was anything darker than lt brown...you got really brassy looking hair..

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma

Oh yes I remember Sun-In. That stuff was something else. My hair always turned brassy orangey yuck. I don't know anyone who got a good look with that stuff. 

Another funny memory.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a fun thread!  Agree with all those who loved the original Herbal Essence - what a wonderful smell.   We also tried the Body on Tap but went back to HH.

I'm chuckling at the Lemon Up - there was a phase where it was all about the lemons - Love's Fresh Lemon, etc.  The out came Love's Baby Soft.

I recall the 10-o-6 lotion, the Sun-In, Prell, all of it.  One summer all the girls in my neighborhood were slathering on Q-T for a quick tan. We were all gobbed with orange streaks and thinking we looked like starlets. Smiley LOL

And how about Jean Nate?  A person at my Mom's work was always gifting her with Jean Nate, we used the soap, body splash, deoderant, dusting powder ... I really liked that smell.  She put it in the refrigerator when it was hot and humid out.

jean nate.jpg

Trusted Contributor

And then Jean Nate got on the musk band wagon, during the Musk Era Woman LOL

musk.jpg

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Remember "Sun In"...you sprayed it on your hair and then went outside and it would lighten it? If your hair was anything darker than lt brown...you got really brassy looking hair..

Hi @Nataliesgramma,

I went on a vacation to California, and took a bottle of that with me back when it was popular. I was a teenager back then. I was around seventeen years old.

Ohh, you should have seen what it did to my hair! LOL!! Smiley LOL

I'm a natural blond. When I was little, I was really blond, but as I got older, my hair darkened naturally and was an ash blond color by the time that I was about five. 

By the time that I left California, I went from ash blond, to platinum blond!!

I remember one of my friends telling me, "You should see your hair...it's really blond from us being out in the sun while we're here."

I thought that she was kidding. I didn't think that she was serious. When I got back to our hotel room, I took a good look at it, and she was right. That particular day, it had really lightened from us being out in the sun. Smiley Happy