Trusted Contributor

Recommendation for concealer/eye brightener

Right now I use IT Bye-bye under eye as a concealer. I have dark circles under my eyes. I'm wondering if there is a good concealer that also has a brightening or glow effect to liven up the under eye area.
Any recommendations would be appreciated!
Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendation for concealer/eye brightener

I can recommend two different products. 

This first one, by Maybelline, is a brightening concealer. Look for "Brightener" as the shade name. It's top rated. Sells for less than $9.

Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Concealer - Reviews | MakeupAlley

A second option is this one, by Smashbox Becca, and it's not a concealer but a illuminizing under-eye brightener. Also top rated. Sells for $33. 

SMBO0417F_1.jpg

You can absolutely layer those two together. As for which order to apply them, I would try either way and see which one works best for you.

Honored Contributor

I've been using this and it's one product I've stuck with to the bottom of the tube and repurchase.  

IMG_2354.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

On a previous post I mentioned how Charlotte Tilbury is my new holy grail. It is not matte and has a tiny bit of radiance. There are teeny tiny microscopic particles but these are a non issue. Try it out at Sephora, Bloomingdale’s, and Nordstroms. Good luck.
Esteemed Contributor

@Steffdoggy10 .. the best concealer I have ever used is Kaja Beauty Don't Settle Concealer.   It is the only concealer that really does not settle into fine lines.   Unfortunately, I have just learned that they have changed the formula.   Usually whenever a product's formula is changed it ends up being ruined.   I hope that it not the case with this concealer.   In the meantime, I am stocking up on the original formula.  It is currently being sold for half price on their website:   kajabeauty dot com.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks so much everyone for the great recommendations! I'm writing them down and will take my list to Sephora to check out. Thanks again!
Esteemed Contributor

@Steffdoggy10 

Two that I can wholeheartedly recommend are Butter London, currently on sale here on the Q and Yensa, also on the Q, Nordies or their site.

Both have a truly skin on skin flawless finish, with easy application. Great coverage that doesn't even feel like you're wearing anything. Butter London is a duo product wand with a Brightener. I really love this! My screen was buffering and the shades didn't load but there's a  description in the lower text.  See ButterLondon dot com for great reviews or Google for additional comments.

Screenshot_20230818-155108_Chrome.jpg

Yensa makes really great products too, but no separate eye Brightener. I use the Skin on Skin BC concealer, pictured on the lower left. Another flawless finish, equally great coverage and the same light as air when applied.

I use a Yensa foundation too and that's also a big👍. Have yet to try their newer Silk formula which is also offered in two concealer options. The upper right serum concealer is currently on sale.

I've used the Revlon Age Rewind and frankly like the older product configuration that had the duo wand with a brightener, (like  BL's above) I found that formula to be lighter going on, with good coverage results. Recently purchased the concealer and found it to be thicker, heavier and a rather meh for me. Too much work to flawlessly blend compared to the other two I've suggested.

Screenshot_20230818-155821_Chrome.jpg 

Both BL and Yensa are buildable if needed without losing that skin on skin feel...which I love and appreciate with these two products. Smooth sailing and a happy, very pretty finished face. 🥰

Trusted Contributor

Rochelle s. Thanks so much for the detailed information! There are so many products out there that it's just hard to narrow anything down. I'm definitely going to look into these. Thanks again!
Esteemed Contributor

You are so very welcome @Steffdoggy10 . Please come back and share your thoughts if you opt for either Butter London or the Yensa. Many will appreciate your feedback too.

Honored Contributor

@Steffdoggy10   I'm still using my MAC Prep and Prime in Radient Rose or NARS Light Reflecting Eye Brightener (in a pot) in Night Swan...the lightest shade. The NARS one has enough coverage to use as concealer as well for me. When undereyes need more, I use NARS Radient Concealer.