Frequent Contributor

Real Techniques Brushes at Ulta - Which One?

Has anyone tried these brushes?  I saw them at Ulta yesterday and they look nice and very affordable. I use Clinique liquid foundation and a Clinique foundation brush for application but I'd like to try these. Do you prefer a foundation brush or a stippling brush for your liquid foundation. Not sure which to get.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Real Techniques Brushes at Ulta - Which One?

I have several brushes by RT, the Expert Face Brush is my favorite BUT I like Ecotools so much better.
Honored Contributor

@MillieMilan wrote:
I have several brushes by RT, the Expert Face Brush is my favorite BUT I like Ecotools so much better.

That is funny, I was just thinking the same thing- I like RT but Ecotools are even better!

Regarding RT, the brush I like of theirs the best is the expert face brush but I still tend to grab my Ecotools more.

Respected Contributor

I have quite a few of their brushes and I do really like them. I have a small brush that I use for setting my under eyes. I have a couple of their brushes that I use for foundation, but the RT sponge I got a few weeks ago is my new go to for foundation. I like it better that my Beauty Blender. It's cheaper also. I get all my RT brushes at Walmart. I guess I'm gonna have to try the Eco tools now. Smiley Happy  

Respected Contributor

I have use and love the Real Techniques Expert face brush as well as their stippling brush and their beauty blender sponge.

For the sponge though, I much prefer the Trish M at HSN, is a flat oval shape and perfect for when I want a sponge.

I use either the RT expert face brush or the RT stippling brush for all liquid foundations though, gives me a perfect air brush look finish.

Ulta has them BOGO 1/2 off quite often plus you can use their $3.50 coupon on them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a ton of IT brushes, mostly from kits that had brushes included, but also have several Eco Tools and Real Technique brushes handy, that I use with some regularity.  Both are nice, affordable options that work very well.  If I didn't have any of the IT brushes, I would have no problem using only ET or RT brushes.  

@Leelynn  With a liquid or serum type foundation, you can use a flat brush that looks similar to a paint brush or you can use the one that's got a flat top.  With the flat brush you'd would apply your foundation with the side of the brush in a dabbing and stroking method and with the flat top you would use more of a circular buffing method (what RT calls their Stippling brush).  When I use a serum foundation, I prefer a flat top brush using the circular buffing method.   

FYI - I just received an email this morning that Ulta is having a 30% off sale on Real Technique brushes - ONLINE ONLY - TODAY ONLY - Saturday, Feb. 27th.

I'm pretty sure that Ulta has free shipping on orders of $50.

Respected Contributor

I have the Real Techniques expert face brush and love it, have 3 of them. I now want to pick up their (Real Technique's) stippling brush and see how that is applying my liquid foundation, gets great reviews.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't like applying foundation with a stippling brush (although they are getting love from vloggersand bloggers).  I much prefer a flat foundation brush or a contoured foundation brush. Lately I've been digging using a sponge again to apply liquid and cream foundation.  I use the Beauty Blender, but there are many available now including one from Real Techniques which is pretty good for a fraction of the price.   

I do own Real Techniques brushes, which I've been satisfied with, including the regular foundation and the stippling brushes.  Given the price, you may want to consider both because you'll probably end up using both.  RT also has a contoured Triangle Foundation brush which is more expensive than their usual price range at $25, but not bad.

Image result for real techniques foundation brush

Respected Contributor

picked up 3 brushes today at Ulta, RT, buy two get one free plus the $3.50 coupon, good deal.

I haven't seen the brush you picture but will look at it. I have been using their expert face brush all the time but wanted the stippling brush so picked up 2 stippling brushes and another     expert face brush.

I don't care for the flat paddle style brushes for my foundation. One came with the Mally defender and while I like the   defender I don't care for the flat brush that came with it so use my RT to apply this although I really prefer the L'Oreal tru match better for my dry skin.

Guess brushes are a preference same as foundations, what we like or/and what we get use to using.

Respected Contributor

@Trix wrote:

I don't like applying foundation with a stippling brush (although they are getting love from vloggersand bloggers).  I much prefer a flat foundation brush or a contoured foundation brush. Lately I've been digging using a sponge again to apply liquid and cream foundation.  I use the Beauty Blender, but there are many available now including one from Real Techniques which is pretty good for a fraction of the price.   

I do own Real Techniques brushes, which I've been satisfied with, including the regular foundation and the stippling brushes.  Given the price, you may want to consider both because you'll probably end up using both.  RT also has a contoured Triangle Foundation brush which is more expensive than their usual price range at $25, but not bad.

Image result for real techniques foundation brush

Trixx, for me anyway I find using the stippling brush gives me a softer look,  more like a TM than a full foundation where the expert face brush applies more foundation so, all depends  how I feel that day or what foundation I use as to which brush I use.

I found the flat/paddle brush also puts a lot of foundation on me but I prefer to use a circular motion when applying my foundation so the expert face brush or stippling is the one that does that best for me, gives me a soft sort of air brush affect.