Honored Contributor

Re: Questions for Retin-A users

You're welcome Woman Happy @tends2dogs 

I didn't even know you can buy short-dated RA from ADC for a lower price! I learned something new today.Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

No, but i had ordered from them several years ago, no trouble  with it, but i will say i thought for the same strength as i had got from a doctor ,there was a difference, but who knows,i gave up,since my  husband died in 2013,and all the stress i have had, i accepted my wrinkles,and do i ever have them,also sun damage from being a kid . By the way your hair is pretty,from another thread,and you look great,so go for it!!

You are very kind, @goldensrbest .  I have a lot of wrinkles and sun spots.  I am 67 and have never stopped going out into the sun.  Of course I wear spf and a hat, but I refuse to hide in the shade.  We spend the winter in a tropical, sunny climate.  I am not going to sit in the house.  Woman Wink

I hope that you do something nice for yourself.  I know you lost your dog and that takes a toll on our looks. You have had other losses, too.   I have lost 5 furbabies, both my parents, and my husband had cancer for 10 years before undergoing a transplant.  By the grace of God, he was healed.  All of that tells a story on one's face.  We do the best we can, but consider the alternative.  I love and enjoy life ........ even with wrinkles and sunspots.

Take care~

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Super Contributor

I'm glad to see a new discussion with ADC still listed as a legitmate source of Retin-A. 

It's been many years since I have purchased from them direct as I belonged to a group buy source.  That's where she bought it in bulk and we got to buy from her with reduced shipping.  Anyway, I've lost her as a contact and now have to get it on my own.

When I used to buy from them I used a money order.  I'm mostly just posting a comment here so I can find this thread again later when I need to order and read about the payment option.  Thanks!

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Honored Contributor

I’ve returned to using RetinA a couple times a week and I’m starting to see some improvements .  The other nights I still use Mad Hippie Vitamin A Serum.  I have prior experience using a .1% RetinA Cream. Back then I did have some flaking but acclimated after a few weeks.  Since I already knew my skin could handle it, I ordered from Tara Skincare.  I made the mistake of the .1% being a gel form for oily skin. That’s not me.  I’m using it but am doing moisturizing masks a couple times a week to counteract the drying effects of the gel.  When it’s time to reorder, I’ll back down on the strength and get the cream version.  

Esteemed Contributor

What type changes are you seeing so quickly, @JeanLouiseFinch ?  I was under the assumption that it could take a year or at the very least, months to see improvement.  I am thrilled if that isn't the case.  I am even more excited to get  my order now. Woman Wink

I am happy you are having good luck with this.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

What type changes are you seeing so quickly, @JeanLouiseFinch ?  I was under the assumption that it could take a year or at the very least, months to see improvement.  I am thrilled if that isn't the case.  I am even more excited to get  my order now. Woman Wink

I am happy you are having good luck with this.  

@tends2dogs  I think if you are starting with more severe wrinkles, it’s going to take longer. Overall, I am pretty happy with my complexion and believe I’m keeping ahead of the game since I’ve been faithfully using the Mad Hippie Vitamin A Serum.  It’s better than retinol.  The addition of the RetinA has boosted the softening of a few lines on my forehead and some crows feet.

Honored Contributor

RA is anti-aging b/c of what it does at the cellular level deep inside the skin. RA works by inhibiting an enzyme called collagenase which breaks down collagen. The older we get, the more of the enzyme is present. So by using RA, the collagenase enzyme will be partially disabled allowing the collagen to build up in the skin resulting in thicker, firmer and smoother skin over time. One other benefit of using RA is its ability to reduce pigment production stemming from the cells called melanocytes which are responsible for making brown spots and hyperpigmentation on the surface of the skin. Over time RA has been shown to completely destroy melanocyte activity and the accompanying brown spots from it permanently.  Furthermore, originally formulated as an acne drug, RA's intended use was aimed at pore heath where the drug was used to maintain clean pores by causing the inside of the pores to increase cell turnover resulting in smaller pore size...another anti-aging benefit of RA.