Honored Contributor

Re: Questions for Retin-A users

Thank you!  Woman Happy@Shanus 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   We're usually on the same skincare page.

Respected Contributor

I have been using Retin A for a little over 20 years and have never experienced the redness and peeling that has been associated with this product. My skin has always been dry so I have just learned how to deal with that. You can talk to your doctor to see if you should increase your strength. If you are not seeing results they may recommend bumping it up a little. Good luck.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee I am ready to take the plunge and purchase Retin A.  I went to All Day Chemist's site and there are several choices.  Cream, gel, micro, and of course strengths.  My skin is not dry nor oily, although I have had a few breakouts since wearing a mask.  I use Paula's Choice retinol, AHA, and BHA with no problems, but I want to bump it up.  Am I too old to go down this road?  I am 67 and have a lot of sun damage and sag Woman Frustrated.  I am not asking for miracles, but perhaps texture improvement.  I realize, too, that this is not an overnight fix, but a forever commitment.

I didn't get as far as the check out process, but wondered if this company is foreign and what is the payment process.

As always, thank you for all your help on this forum.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs Have you considered getting your retin-a from Curology rather than ADC?  Because you consult with a derm (send a few photos and answer some questions), they will recommend what strength to start out with and it can be adjusted higher or lower as you go along.  It's not very expensive, the first bottle is free and you can return within 90 days.  They also will mix two other ingredients depending on your skin's needs.

I've found them to be very responsive and helpful.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee I am ready to take the plunge and purchase Retin A.  I went to All Day Chemist's site and there are several choices.  Cream, gel, micro, and of course strengths.  My skin is not dry nor oily, although I have had a few breakouts since wearing a mask.  I use Paula's Choice retinol, AHA, and BHA with no problems, but I want to bump it up.  Am I too old to go down this road?  I am 67 and have a lot of sun damage and sag Woman Frustrated.  I am not asking for miracles, but perhaps texture improvement.  I realize, too, that this is not an overnight fix, but a forever commitment.

I didn't get as far as the check out process, but wondered if this company is foreign and what is the payment process.

As always, thank you for all your help on this forum.

@tends2dogs 

I'm glad you are thinking about trying RA. I don't think it's ever too late to start using it. That Hot&Flashy video is very helpful for starters. I highly recommend watching it.

AllDayChemist is located in India. Their only accepted method of payment is an eCheck. No PayPal or credit cards. If you are not familiar with echecks, please read what PayPal has to say about them here:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-is-an-echeck-faq1082

I have been using eChecks to pay for my RA from ADC for a very long time. Never a problem. It just takes a few days to clear through your bank and then your order takes  about two to three weeks to arrive at your door. If you need help placing your order please don't hesitate to ask! I'll try my best to help you.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

If you've been using Paula's 1% retinol, that would be almost like using a 0.02% RA but not quite the same effects. RA is approx twenty times the strength of retinol. The main difference between RA and retinol is that RA goes deeper into the skin where it has been formulated to bind to the third most deepest retionoid receptor there. Our skin has three retinoid receptors and RA is the only product which can react with the deepest one. No other product can do that including any retinol.  When it comes to choosing a RA cream vs gel...creams are usually prescribed for normal to dry skin and gels for oily skin. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee  I just placed my order with ADC.  It was a snap.  No prescription needed and I paid by e check.  Now, I wait.  I ordered .05% because I have used that in the past.  Someone brought me a tube from London and it was .05% and I had no issue with it except to say I wasn't compliant.  I came across the tube (not expired) and I have been slowly integrating it back into my routine. I want to use fresh product.  I am excited.  I did watch the video the other day that you posted and found it extremely informative.  

BTW they had two prices for the product.  The sale price was for an earlier expiration date:  7/2021.  I opted to pay the higher price and get a later date.

Thanks for your help, honest advice, and informitive explanations.  Woman Wink

Let me add:  This order was less $$$ than the order I placed to Paula's Choice 6 months ago!

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest   I saw on an old thread that you were considering ordering this through All Day Chemist.  It was back in January of 2018.  Did you ever take the plunge?  If so, what changes did you see?

Honored Contributor

No, but i had ordered from them several years ago, no trouble  with it, but i will say i thought for the same strength as i had got from a doctor ,there was a difference, but who knows,i gave up,since my  husband died in 2013,and all the stress i have had, i accepted my wrinkles,and do i ever have them,also sun damage from being a kid . By the way your hair is pretty,from another thread,and you look great,so go for it!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.