Respected Contributor

The only product I love and have been using for a few years is the Tatcha cleansing oil. The best cleanser I have ever used.  Now that Unilever bought the company, and I am afraid they do animal testing, what facial cleansers do you use (that is cruelty fee)?  I hate Philosophy Purity as it feels like I am putting slime on my face plus it has clogged my bathroom sink.  I am so upset, here goes another great brand down the drain after this buyout.

Honored Contributor

Re: Question re: Tatcha

[ Edited ]

I have found my hg cleanser. It's this Palmer's cleansing oil and it's all I use to cleanse my face. It has a bit of fragrance but it's light, I think and nice smelling. If you look around at the reviews for this cleanser you'll see that it is highly top-rated. I found out about it here on the beauty forum.  Palmer's is CF.

Palmer's Cleansing Oil - $10GUEST_3bb1fe2e-55cb-40ec-8b46-320e0c959b4d.jpg

Honestly, I don't understand why some oil cleansers cost so much. Most oils are not costly. Oil suspended in a little bit of surfactant should not cost that much.

Honored Contributor

I've been using Dr. Young Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil for several years, as an excellent dupe for Tatcha.  I always buy it on Amazon, but sometimes the availability is hit 'n' miss.  I've been happy with the price, compared to Tatcha, but with the reviews here and online, I'm going to try Palmer's when I get closer to the bottom of my current bottle of Dr. Young's.  

Esteemed Contributor

Agree... hate P Purity.  I threw out a full new bottle of it.  No suds what so ever - perhaps they changed it since I tried.  I get cleansers from drug store - have tried a lot - liked only a very few.

Respected Contributor

You can get camelia cleansing oil on Amazon for much cheaper than Tatcha.  There are lots of brands to choose from. I bought the Tatcha because I do stupid things like that sometimes.  It's very good but I will not repurchase at that price.  Plus the packaging is too gigantic, as with all their products.  

Valued Contributor

For those of you who use the cleansing oil. Do you have to use another cleanser as well after using the cleansing oil? How well does it remove longwear make up and suns screen?

Respected Contributor

SilleeMee:  Thank you!  I will get the Palmers as I am almost out of the Tatcha.  Also, a great savings price wise.

Honored Contributor

You're welcome. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Smiley Happy @lovesallanimals 

Respected Contributor

SilleeMee:  I just ordered the Palmers, thank you again.  It had such terrific reviews.

Honored Contributor

@LilLadyNJ wrote:

For those of you who use the cleansing oil. Do you have to use another cleanser as well after using the cleansing oil? How well does it remove longwear make up and suns screen?

The best kind of cleanser to remove sunscreen and long-wear makeup is an oil cleanser. When I use the Palmer's I don't use any other cleanser before or afterwards. One advantage to using a cleansing oil is to clean without stripping. But if you feel the need to double cleanse, for instance, using a hydrating, exfoliating or treatment type cleanser then feel free to do that. For me a second cleanse is not needed. @LilLadyNJ