Honored Contributor

I'm just curious. I see lots and lots of posts from loyal, happy WEN users. But it seems lik you ladies buy an awful LOT of product? It's this scent, versus that scent. Seasonal scents. It's like you are always buying the product. How much would you say you spend in a given year on WEN and the various products you use to enhance it?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question for WEN users...

That's a good question, chrystal. I'm looking forward to seeing the answers.

I've been using Wen for six months and I recently figured out my regimen and which products to rotate. I haven't tried a seasonal yet.

As for buying a lot of product, some Wenners like the variety, others buy larger bottles so they don't have to buy as frequently.

Personally, I buy Wen as frequently as I did Pantene Curly, which was once every two months. More if there's something I want to try, less if my stash is healthy.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Contributor

I probably spend $200 per year. This is the one thing I splurge on for myself. I pick up one or 2 tsv's a year, depending on what they are. I like to get the seasonals and the oils, too. I mainly stick to a core cc, plus 613 and a seasonal. I use the styling cream religiously, as well as oils and the finishing treatment creme. Is it expensive? I'd say it's comparable to using a high end salon brand and it's so much better for my hair. It's the one and only way I pamper myself!

Super Contributor

I'd say that I buy 8 TSV (usually 2 different scents) a year and the occasional OTO if it's something I needs. So I would say its probably $500 but that's for 2 people, myself and my daughter. I find it worth every penny for her since we have A LOT less tears when combing out her hair.

Esteemed Contributor

I would buy the TSV 2x a year on AD but now the whole household uses Wen so I have to buy different formulas for each person. Then I increased to multiple TSV's on Ad. My wen shopping has definitely changed through the years. I now buy gallons to refill my 32 oz and continue with the TSV's. There are certain products I use daily, some several times a day so I like a variety of scents at all times. I take advantage of OTO's and specials to stock up. I like to have backups on all the products I use. I'm at the stage now that I don't need to buy a thing if I didn't want to and I would be okay for quite awhile but I don't want to. There is always room in my house for more Wen. Lol I like to pick up several of the seasonal oils and replenishing mists before they go away too.
Frequent Contributor

I buy the big gallon-size or whatever of Wen...with the auto delivery, I get two a year, so it's a little over $200/year. I just bought the travel packets to try out on an upcoming conference (Trying to fly with just a carry-on suitcase). I ran out of the gallon (and changed the date on the auto delivery for some reason) and had to swing by Sephora for a small bottle. I usually get Pomegranate but I kind of love the Sweet Almond Mint now.

Yesterday, I tried using regular shampoo (color-safe though) and I have never had so much static in my life. I looked like Phyllis Diller. I'll stick with Wen, thankyouverymuch.

Super Contributor

I'm fairly new to WEN (since Oct--so about five months) so I'm trying different formulas and products to see what works for me. I did manage to get in on a couple of good TSVs, so I feel like I've gotten good deals on most products. However, honestly, the difference in my hair is SO incredibly marked (and my hair was in pretty good condition before), that I think it's worth the research and every penny I've spent.

Anyway, so I've been focused on finding the core CC formulas that work for me--I think that is the most critical step. I did pick up the seasonals from last year on that really good deal, so I've been able to try those as well. Also, the TSVs are good opportunities to try some of the other products. I think you just have to be patient and pay a lot of attention. Smiley Happy

Oh, to answer the question, I've probably spent about $250, maybe a little more. Considering that my hairdresser charges $80 for coloring and I've been able to increase my time between colors from 4 weeks to 6--plus I'm no longer buying expensive styling products--so I think it will even out in the end.

Super Contributor

I admit it, beauty products are my big splurge. I don't spent 3 (or 4) figures on shoes or high end handbags...but I do like my WEN.

To answer your question, I probably spend $250 a year on WEN (for the past two years, I have done the fall TSV AD, plus I will get one or two other items or special kits a year), and, at this point, could probably wait a year before I buy anymore. Sometimes it's hard to pass up a set, when you get 4 products for what they sell one or two of them for individually.

I know, that seems crazy, but WEN has (smartly for them) created a now or never situation with some of their scents. Of the stock pile I have, most of it is limited edition and no longer available. And despite the claim that many of the scents are the same formula, maybe the base formula is the same, but once the scent oils are added the results on the hair tends to be different.

I should be smarter than that - particularly after seeing how Philosophy brings scents out of the vault - but I'm not...at least yet. On the other hand, Bare Minerals did this, and once limited edition colors were gone they didn't bring them back, but maybe because they last sooooo long I didn't feel the need to by multiples. I need to get that smart with WEN.

Michele

PS like the poster before me, my hair is in such great condition, I haven't had a hair cut in a year, so I have saved a lot of $ on the salon. I was never able to go this long with shampoo

Honored Contributor

WEN is probably one of my biggest splurges, all the way around. I don't buy a lot of clothes. I don't need a gazillion pairs of shoes. I rarely drink. I don't smoke. I don't buy a daily Starbucks or lunch out. I don't go for regular manicures or pedicures. When I first began using WEN, I tried to forecast my anticipated need, calculating the amount of pumps I'd require, how many pumps in a bottle, how many cleanses I could get from one bottle, etc. I ended up overbuying as an insurance policy that I wouldn't run out. I think I'd panic if I only had one bottle in the closet. Yes, I've spent a lot on WEN, but I have gotten a very good value for my $$$ and a good inventory thanks to TSV's, but sometimes they can be the bane of my existence, too. It doesn't take much effort to convince someone who is already sold on a product that for only $10 more than what you pay for one bottle you could get all the other stuff. And if that in itself is such a good deal, well, then by all means, I'll take 2 or 3! Somewhat in my defense, I was also buying for two users until recently, but now that my daughter has moved, I do have a more of a surplus. I need to get smarter, too.

Honored Contributor

On 3/17/2014 theatrebiz said:

I admit it, beauty products are my big splurge. I don't spent 3 (or 4) figures on shoes or high end handbags...but I do like my WEN.

To answer your question, I probably spend $250 a year on WEN (for the past two years, I have done the fall TSV AD, plus I will get one or two other items or special kits a year), and, at this point, could probably wait a year before I buy anymore. Sometimes it's hard to pass up a set, when you get 4 products for what they sell one or two of them for individually.

I know, that seems crazy, but WEN has (smartly for them) created a now or never situation with some of their scents. Of the stock pile I have, most of it is limited edition and no longer available. And despite the claim that many of the scents are the same formula, maybe the base formula is the same, but once the scent oils are added the results on the hair tends to be different.

I should be smarter than that - particularly after seeing how Philosophy brings scents out of the vault - but I'm not...at least yet. On the other hand, Bare Minerals did this, and once limited edition colors were gone they didn't bring them back, but maybe because they last sooooo long I didn't feel the need to by multiples. I need to get that smart with WEN.

Michele

PS like the poster before me, my hair is in such great condition, I haven't had a hair cut in a year, so I have saved a lot of $ on the salon. I was never able to go this long with shampoo

That's exactly why so many companies use the Limited Edition and Seasonal model - they know it's a way to get people to buy more of something you already have enough of or bring you in when you might not normally enter the store to buy something.

Add that to the WEN TSV model, which gives you a ridiculously good price but probably contains something you don't need right now, and you end up with more than you need. I don't need more Remoist today, but when they offered an 8-oz for the price of a 4-oz, I picked one up. I'll use it, just not right away.

Bu there's also a flip side to seasonals. I bought a lot of seasonal oils in late 2013 and early 2013 because I stocked up on scents I loved and knew were going away, but I'm not picking up any seasonal oils or mists this year because I don't like the scents enough.