Trusted Contributor

Re: Question about eyeshadow palettes

Such a fun thread! I love eyeshadow palettes but have to confess I tend to buy them as entertainment. I love color! I used to wear makeup every day, it was effortless to apply, and I had no issue with time. 

Now I Iove to play with it and will do that in evenings and on weekends or when I go out.  It's entertainment. I don't have time (or make the time) to apply it in the mornings.

And I LOVE to give makeup, especially eyeshadow palettes, to my nieces. We share love of color and effect.

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw - They are my box of Crayolas! I don't care if I use only a few colors. I  have found myself playing and discovering new looks. It's worth it to me!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I'm a sucker for a brick color shadow ...  if a pallette has a few of those,  I'm in.  I've really had to limit myself because I have SO MANY that are sitting and waiting to be used....  but right now I'm loving the ones I already have open and are using. I have a lot of singles open and several pallettes.  FUN. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for all the responses. The palette I was looking at is a large one. A few colors in it caught my eye. I'll probably try to find smaller palettes or single stick shadows with the same colors I'm admiring. When I buy something, I don't want to wait to open it; I want to use it immediately.  That way nothing will be wasted. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

Which one is it? I might want one too.

Esteemed Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
Which one is it? I might want one too.

Was it me you asked? The eyshadow palette I mentioned is an 18 color called Earth and Ocean. It's nice, but there are too many colors that probably wouldn't be used much.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I stick to my naked basics that are just neutrals--had a few with lots of eye colors and blushes and bronzers and highlighters and all that--never used them so I tossed them----took them on a few trips but then tucked them away and forgot about them---