Occasional Contributor

Question about Purity cleanser

Whenever I use Philosophy's Purity cleanser, I notice a lot of eyelash breakage and loss.  It seems worse after Purity was reformulated to remove the parabens.  I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this or if it's just me.  Does anyone have any idea what ingredient(s) might be the culprit so I can avoid them in the future?  Thanks for your help. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Question about Purity cleanser

@bjbugs If you are sure it's the Philosophy, it's because it is too drying. I couldn't use it & I have normal/oily skin. 

I use Ulta brand argan oil to break down makeup & I use First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser.  It works great for me.

Honored Contributor

@bjbugs  - I haven't used Purity in awhile and was actually thinking about using it again.   I always has good results. 

I started back using their Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash and have been very pleased with it.  I haven't used it since it was reformulated.

Respected Contributor

I have  never had that problem.but I never wear enough mascara that I need to rub through my lashes anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

I used to use Purity all the time but then the formula changed. I have sensitive skin so I'll react to these changes in a minute. I found a facial cleanser in the Dr.Denese skincare line and works very well. Love it. Hope you have the same results that I do.

Trusted Contributor

I've used it for about 6 years and find that it still works for me, even after they supposedly made changes.

Respected Contributor

I use First Aid Beauty cleanser as well. Love it!!
Trusted Contributor

everyone's skin is different, however I have never been able to use Purity.  The first time I tried it...my face felt like it was on fire and my eyes burned.  Couldn't get it off fast enough.  And I have never had sensitive skin issues.  I did try it a second time on my skin only to see if maybe it was a fluke...same thing.  So I will never use it.  I was in ulta once and they wanted to color match me.  They first wanted to clean my skin with some purity...told them NO...and why.  They said they had never heard of that before. A woman just happened to be walking by....she said the exact same thing as myself.  Face felf like it was on fire and eyes burned.  She mentioned that it contained harsh ingredients.  I have never actually checked, but for me I will not use it. 

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@bjbugs  - I haven't used Purity in awhile and was actually thinking about using it again.   I always has good results. 

I started back using their Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash and have been very pleased with it.  I haven't used it since it was reformulated.

I find that Purity is still as good as ever and I'm a pretty harsh critic-i still really like it.

Trusted Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I used to use Purity all the time but then the formula changed. I have sensitive skin so I'll react to these changes in a minute. I found a facial cleanser in the Dr.Denese skincare line and works very well. Love it. Hope you have the same results that I do.

I also have very sensitive skin and Purity still works great-I wouldn't be without it.