Super Contributor

Beauties - I am having trouble finding a thread on today's Hot Tools TSV.  If you know of one can you point me to it?  If there is none, can people share their experience with this line?  I like the concept.  Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

It's the only line I've used for decades - curling iron and blower.  I always buy on line so not sure of your question.

It's a fab product line that last & last

Respected Contributor

@Tukey @fthunt 

Just ordered after checking out the Hot Tools website and various reviews.

Watched the presentation twice.

Seems fabulous, love the different sizes of attachments.

My naturally wavy hair CAN BE CONTAINED!

Found the price quite reasonable.

Trusted Contributor

I love the Hot Tools line. I have used them for year's and never had an issue.

Super Contributor

Re: Hot Tools TSV

[ Edited ]

Thanks - this helps me.  I never heard of it but it is encouraging to hear your experiences.  I didn't want something like that Dyson Dryer which would be awesome for 2 months and then stop turning on.  That happened to 2 people I know.  At least this is only $80 compared to what those cost.  At 53 this is the longest I have kept my hair but boy is it time consuming!  And in January we are back in the office 3 x a week so looking to save time and of course look good!

And if I cut my hair this has attachments that will work with that as well.  The Bumble and Bumble products have made my hair look the best it has ever looked so hoping this will bump it up further!

Respected Contributor
I have the original version of the Hot Tools blow dry brush and love it. However, these tools by their design can be very damaging. I would never use one of these every day. I don’t dry my hair completely with one. I either let it dry naturally or rough dry with a conventional dryer until it’s 80% or so dry, then finish it with the blow dry brush. Also, a good heat protectant is important. My hair is fine and color treated and may be more prone to damage so your mileage may vary.

The Hot Tools line is generally very nice quality. The TSV is a very good price for it. I’m considering an upgrade.
Honored Contributor

Re: Hot Tools TSV

[ Edited ]

Too many attachments for me. I would only use one, maybe two of them.

ETA - I already have the Revlon One-Step and I love it. The only reason why I would want the TSV would be for the smaller barrel but not for that price.

Trusted Contributor

I know this line is a favorite among professionals.  My cuz is a licensed stylist and we go to the professional beauty supply place (you have to have a license to buy).  And whenever we need a hair dryer or curling iron etc, she looks at those.  

I didn't buy... I don't need all those attachments.  I have a similar version-- a cheapie from revlon I bought while traveling in a pinch.  I don't use it that often.  I just dry my hair and use velcro rollers (remember those?) for volume.  

Super Contributor

I ordered...silver grey.

They keep touting those Bumble and Bumble heat protectant products. I love that brand but can't do $70 on top of the TSV cost.  If anyone knows of a cheaper drugstore option let me know.  I'll definitely try the B&B stuff when I am able.  Love their products.

It is funny, back in the 1970s we had this Norelco (I think) blow dryer with 4 attachments - a rectangular brush, a fine comb, an Afro pick type comb, and a hollow rectangular attachment.  For some reason my Mom said we had to get rid of it.  She read something.  Either it "caused cancer", or some issue.  So what did she do?  Sell at a yard sale I guess so someone else could get "cancel".  I am 53 and never got cancer...no one in our family did so that was all hooey I guess!

Honored Contributor

I have been wanting one of these for awhile. I have looked at them at Ulta.  I did order this one as I love all of the attachments and the great price.