Super Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@Tukey  If interested in a spray on heat protectant I use HSI Professional Argon Oil Heat protectant. It's 8 0z. (large) for $17.95. Lasts  a very long time. 

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@elated wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Too many attachments for me. I would only use one, maybe two of them.

ETA - I already have the Revlon One-Step and I love it. The only reason why I would want the TSV would be for the smaller barrel but not for that price.

getting it as a backup for the Revlon one-step which I love 

Revlon has a new one step volumizer plus. The brush is detachable and has ceramic titanium tourmaline. The brush is 2.4" head size.  I had the older one and bought this one. I got it from Target. It costs $69.99. I do like it better. 

That new Revlon one sounds really good. Are there other attachments sold separately for it? @elated 

To the best of my knowledge, they don't sell any other attachment.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mimichic wrote:

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I have the original version of the Hot Tools blow dry brush and love it. However, these tools by their design can be very damaging. I would never use one of these every day. I don’t dry my hair completely with one. I either let it dry naturally or rough dry with a conventional dryer until it’s 80% or so dry, then finish it with the blow dry brush. Also, a good heat protectant is important. My hair is fine and color treated and may be more prone to damage so your mileage may vary.

The Hot Tools line is generally very nice quality. The TSV is a very good price for it. I’m considering an upgrade.

Did you have any issues with static in your hair?  I've used similar products that have produced a lot of static which defeats the purpose of styling my hair. 

Thanks!

@Mimichic  I have an older version of Hot Tools Blow Dryer Brush. 

One thing I will say is that after I bought it I have not touched my Drybar Little Buttercup in a couple of years. The Hot Tools brush dryer is so much easier for me to handle to manage blow-dry and style my kinky curly hair.  I can get my hair pretty straight on a higher heat setting, but I don't do that very often. There is no static, but I always use a protecting spray or cream.  I use a product like Nick Chavez's Mesquite Serum or his  Diva Protein Styling Spray. I bought my unit at Ulta a few years ago and paid around $70 for a unit with just one big brush head and the head is not detachable.  The TSV is a good deal because you get the extra heads.  The smaller brush and the paddle attachments should give better results on my hair than what I get now.  With that expectation in mind and my satisfaction with this line (I presently also use a Hot Tools curling iron).  My stylist uses Hot Tools flat irons and curling irons too (which is why that's what I bought for home use). For the price, I think the TSV is a good deal.  I am upgrading my older Hot Tools dryer brush with a TSV because I want those add-on brush heads.  

Trusted Contributor

$34.29 on Amazon.  Hot Tools Pro Signature Detachable One Step Hair Dryer w/ 2.4" barrel.   Seems like a great price.