Valued Contributor

Question About Tweak’d Revitalizing Mist

Dennis says you can use this to extend the time between shampoos, I assumed like a dry shampoo would, but it just makes my thin hair greasy. Dennis said you don’t want to get your hair wet every day. I shower every other day, so I wouldn’t mist my hair and get it wet anyway. What am I missing? Does it make anyone else’s hair greasy? I use the mist two ways; as a detangler and the night before I shampoo I saturate my hair in order to condition it. But as a shampoo substitute? Nope, doesn’t work for me.
Honored Contributor

Re: Question About Tweak’d Revitalizing Mist

@grammarqueen wrote:
Dennis says you can use this to extend the time between shampoos, I assumed like a dry shampoo would, but it just makes my thin hair greasy. Dennis said you don’t want to get your hair wet every day. I shower every other day, so I wouldn’t mist my hair and get it wet anyway. What am I missing? Does it make anyone else’s hair greasy? I use the mist two ways; as a detangler and the night before I shampoo I saturate my hair in order to condition it. But as a shampoo substitute? Nope, doesn’t work for me.

@grammarqueen   I use my mist to revive my curls in the morning, but I hold the spray far away enough to not saturate my hair. I also use it to condition my hair, like you do and may use use more, not soak it in spray, the night before washing. I also spray it on the roots after exercising if it isn't shampoo day. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have not had success using this on dry hair but it could be maybe I have used too much. Love it on wet hair. It makes my dry coarse hair much more manageable.

Honored Contributor

@grammarqueen wrote:

@grammarqueen  I use this on toweled hair prior to blow drying. If I don’t saturate my hair.  I’ll also use it to refresh my hair on non-shampooing days, but I never spray it on the top of my head, just the bottom.  Then I’ll go in with my heated brush (Perfector knockoff) to style it. For me, I have a look at my hair and decide what I need in the morning.  Sometimes it’s just a little of the mist and other times I’ll use dry shampoo at the roots and mist at the bottom.  It really depends on how I originally cleansed my hair, if it was with my Tweak’d shampoo & conditioner or if I used the scrub and cleansing treatment, that determines how long my roots will be ok.  

Valued Contributor

The other day I used it for the first time on wet hair. Then the next day on dry hair. I had tons of hair,like the models on his show.

I used it in the past a few times. This time i remembered to shake the bottle until it stopped making a noise.

Glad I got the new frangipane on auto-delivery.