Honored Contributor

I haven't returned anything to QVC in a long time, but there is a reason.  I haven't bought much!  LOL!  I did exchange a LOGO top a few weeks back for another size and color, and the turn around was 1 week!! Hard to believe.  There are times with QVC in the past I was refunded within 8 days of mailing, and times it took 3 weeks. Do you think it has to do with the dept the return is going to?

I have found slow shipping is seasonal, or it goes in spurts.  If there is a huge sale, a big event you purchase from, the returns tend to be slower. I have shopped Nordstrom and neiman's for years.  Although they are quick to ship, and do offer free returns, are they ever slow!  They both take 3 to 4 weeks at times.  They are so slow to refund, I forget what the order was, LOL!  They both use that smart shopper

Yet I got a refund from Dillards within a week of mailing the box.  Dillards does charge 6.95 for returns, and they use fedex. Dillards was slow to ship, to me, but very quick with refunds.  Go figure.

Macys sends an email a few days after I mail return back, but takes over a week from that to place money back to account.

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I just wish HSN would work more on the quality of what they sell, so returns weren't necessary so often.

I think they may be better than they used to be, but they lost me years ago and now I am trying to buy less and less everywhere, so I just don't care how easy they make returns.  Give me good items to begin with and I'll be happier.  But for now, what they sell holds no interest for me  -  I don't know who their target buyers are, but I know they don't sell a thing ythat would make my life better.

...The same could be said about QVC. QVC can also stand to work on the quality of what they sell.

Trusted Contributor

QVC quality has really gone downhill even the better lines like Linea.   Returns are very slow and much slower than HSN but I think Sephora takes the cake and returns take FOREVER!

Honored Contributor
I agree millieshops. I don't shop at HSN because their quality of products is horrible. It seems so cheap. It is very rare, extremely rare in fact that I ever return something I purchase from QVC.
Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Their returns seem to have gotten even slower than previously. I recently returned something the very next day that I received the item. It took almost 2 weeks to show up as a return. My account has not been credited it yet. This means that this return will show up on my next billing cycle. Kind of annoys me that it won't be credited on my current bill.

Trusted Contributor

QVC returns have always been painfully slow, in my experience. When I return an item, I take it to the counter, get the item scanned into the system on the spot (even a pre-paid return) and ask for a mailing receipt.  This way I know the package is in the po system and I can track it myself.

Even after Q receives an item, it takes at least a week for the money to be refunded. HSN refunds the money immediately. I once asked a Q customer service person about the difference in refund time, and she said it was the bank's issue. Using that explanation, I guess my bank has such a great relationship with HSN, Estee Lauder, etc., that it can issue refunds right away. With Q, however, the relationship is less warm and fuzzy, and my bank evidently chooses to sit on the refunded money for a week or more before allowing it to show up. The explanation seems odd to me. Smiley Indifferent

Good to hear I'm not the only one frustrated with the slow rate of processing returns! I try not use the labels, what I do is pack several items in a bag and mail with the tracking option. Sometimes, I notice my packages arrive in a timely manner, but takes a week or longer before they process my return! Totally unacceptable for a company this large!
Regular Contributor

I just started shopping with QVC again and had to return a couple of clothing items.  I took over 2 weeks to process the return!! When you try to track the return it is never updated, and I used their return label.   I am pretty much done with QVC.  HSN processes a return on about 5-7 days and Evine live is slow but faster than QVC.  HEADS UP QVC!! Get your return process in order it is way too slow or hire more people. 

Regular Contributor

HSN electronics are a much better value than QVC, they sell Bose, HP and also have great fashions, with IMAM, DIANE GILMAN, and Serena Willams as well as Hal Rubenstein.  HSN will let you delay you flex pay 30 days and will not charge for return shipping if you call them to let them know ahead of time the item was not as expected. QVC will not budge on anything, not  a good way to win new customers.  I am done with QVC.  Their returns take too long and their electronics are way too expensive as well as their kitchen products.