Contributor

Proactive + anyone use it? How do you like it?

I see now the Q has this I am thinking of giving it a try, anyone use it or has anyone use regular proactive and switch to proactive + ? Thanks everyone.

Contributor

Re: Proactive + anyone use it? How do you like it?

I have been using this since November. I am on the every three month delivery from the Proactive website. I absolutely love this. I just get occasional breakouts and have some large pores. This system has worked better for me than any other skin care system I have used (and I have tried them all). I am not sure how it work on bad acne because it almost seems more like a good cleaning and hydrating system to me. My skin is actually kind of glowing and I am old. I think you would like it.

Contributor

On 6/6/2014 Dweezil said:

I have been using this since November. I am on the every three month delivery from the Proactive website. I absolutely love this. I just get occasional breakouts and have some large pores. This system has worked better for me than any other skin care system I have used (and I have tried them all). I am not sure how it work on bad acne because it almost seems more like a good cleaning and hydrating system to me. My skin is actually kind of glowing and I am old. I think you would like it.

Thank you so much Dweezil, I am 53 with lots of wrinkles and not looking to try to treat the wrinkles but would love just smoother cleaner skin, I have been using the regular proactiv for morning wash and I love how it keeps my skin so clean and clear, I dont use it so much for acne as I do have occasional break out but I love that it keeps my skin clean and clear and was hoping this proactiv + would be even better. I am going to give it a try, thank you so much for your reply!

Respected Contributor

I used Proactive for ~ 2 years with good results, as in no acne breakouts. But, no more. It quit working for me and I've moved on.

Smoother, cleaner skin is what you R looking for? Have you tried the Clarisonic? Love it. Used it with the Proactive. Good luckSmiley Happy

P.S.: Not sure what I used; Proactive or Proactive+. I suspect I used both and eventually it didn't work for me anymoreSmiley Sad

Regular Contributor

I would jump on that Proactive if I needed to, but, frankly I have MEMORIZED that dang commercial for the "plus" stuff!!
Super Contributor

I like it, but don't see much difference between Proactiv & Proactiv +. I like the new hydrator moisturizer, but don't like the new toner as much as the original. The other steps are pretty similar.

Contributor

Skipam, it looks like you have made your decision, however, just want to share my experience...

I have used the original Proactiv system for about 10 years. It is ok but I never really liked the cleanser that much. I just recently switched over to try the Proactiv + system. For me, the + system is far superior to the original formula. And I LOVE the cleanser in the + system. I have only used it about a week and my skin is responding very well to it. So I hope you like it too. Good luck!

Contributor

I'm using the Proactiv+ system. Been using it about a month now. Years ago I was using the original system and I was amaze with the results. Once my skin cleared I stopped using it, bad choice, my skin broke out, and it hasn't been the same since. I'm hoping this new system after a while begin to work for me. I heard once you start the system, not to stop using it. hoping in a couple of month I will be happy, as I was years ago!

Contributor

Thank you all so much for your replies, I truly do appreciate it, Skylands I do have and use a clarisonic for my evening clean and I don't think I could ever be without it. I never imagined at this age I would have breakouts lol Thank you all again! Im going to give it a try !

Super Contributor

If anyone is still having problems with breakouts (I'm in the camp where I think products sometimes just stop working after a while), try the Murad two-step formula. That stuff is amazing. I've switched my teenager to it (he only gets occasional breakouts, to he doesn't need to use it as a daily skin regiment).