Super Contributor

This morning got on the “limited time deals” and saw a Peter Thomas Roth beauty item for a good price so I put it in my cart and when I went to check out the price was the original price not the discounted price; so I called customer service and she could not find the discounted price, so I did not order. I know I have not lost my mind and I even when back and forth and kept putting it in my cart. Anyway, the item is still available so it did not sell out. Even the C.S. Rep. thought that was strange. She said maybe they put it on sale as a mistake and pulled it out. Very strange!! 

Honored Contributor

@GAC65 Someone made a mistake and caught it before you could order...that's a good guess.

Honored Contributor

I should add we ordered a boat online and they had made a 10,000 mistake on price but we got it for that because they didn't catch mistake until we ordered.That was corrected before you could blink.

Super Contributor

You are correct Whatnow, that is probably what happened, but as it was already in my cart QVC should have acknowledged the purchase price that was listed. Sometimes you eat your mistakes, and not pretend they did not happen. JMO 

Honored Contributor

@GAC65 I agree.That is what the company that sold us the boat did.They were in shock but They honored it.

Honored Contributor

@dexwrote:

I should add we ordered a boat online and they had made a 10,000 mistake on price but we got it for that because they didn't catch mistake until we ordered.That was corrected before you could blink.

@dex, that is one heck of a goof. It beats ours in which we ended up with the most expensive Kitchen Aid stand mixer for $50.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Yup our deal was like a jackpot.We didn't even realize at first that something was wrong.It was just the best price.How dis you end up with your great mixer deal?

Honored Contributor

@dexwrote:

Yup our deal was like a jackpot.We didn't even realize at first that something was wrong.It was just the best price.How dis you end up with your great mixer deal?

@dex, we were reading the morning paper and saw an ad for the mixer at Macys. The price was, I think. $99. Of course, we knew that was a goof; it retails at $400.

So we got dressed and ran over the when it opened, with our ad in hand. They didn't quite know what to do with us but decided to honor it. On top of that, there was a rebate; hence the total of $50.

Not too much later, they put up signs about the mistake and were no longer honoring the goof price.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

this happened to me many years ago.

it was nothing on t.v..

I was in a department store and noticed some lady underwear on sale. I picked up a several packages and brought it to the counter to check out.  The sales clerk took the packages and dropped them on the floor I helped her pick them up. When all packs were collected, she began to ring them up, they came up at normal price. I halted sale immediately. I told her they were on sale, and turned around and the sale sign was gone. 

I told her I didn’t want the items if they were not on sale. I can’t remember how but come to find out the items were on sale but sale price had expired and the sale signs were not removed, and when i tried to purchase the items on sale, and error was realized, they dropped the items to distract me so another sales associate could remove the sale sign.

Super Contributor

Bunny,

You probably saved yourself some money.

asltw