New Contributor

Hey there! I’m looking for a new foundation. I’ve tried the bare pro liquid and to me it’s super dry on and then I tried the It CC cream and it doesn’t really stay on all day. Can anyone give me a better suggestion? My skin type is more normal/dry and I do prefer liquid. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Jen306wrote:

Hey there! I’m looking for a new foundation. I’ve tried the bare pro liquid and to me it’s super dry on and then I tried the It CC cream and it doesn’t really stay on all day. Can anyone give me a better suggestion? My skin type is more normal/dry and I do prefer liquid. Thanks!

@Jen306  Long wear/all day foundations can achieve that because a lot of the oil is removed making it not the best choice for drier skin types. I’m not familiar w/ many drugstore brands. In dept. stores, Make Up Forever, MAC, Armani, Tom Ford all have a wide range of liquid foundations. I prefer one w/o spf so that I can use my own before on face, neck, chest where I wouldn’t put foundation anyway.

Trusted Contributor

May I suggest Wander Beauty stick foundation? I have dry skin and have used almost every foundation out there and Wander is just perfect for my skin. It’s moisturizing,but not shiny and although it’s medium to full coverage it doesn’t look look as though I’m wearing foundation. It looks as though I have perfect skin even though I have a few broken capillaries and a couple of sun spots. Also,I have light to medium skin with pink undertones and the light medium color is perfect for me. 

Another plus is that there’s no talc in the foundation. 

Good luck on your hunt 😊

Respected Contributor

This is my favorite of anything I have ever used in a liquid. It stays looking great all day and night. 

Regular Contributor

I suggest trying the Kristofer Buckle foundation stick.  I really love it.

Honored Contributor

@Jen306wrote:

@Jen306, if you find a foundation you like, maybe you'll let us know! I am on a lifelong search for a great foundation. I have tried liquids, sticks, creams, powders, you name it. It never is the right color, and always turns muddy on me ( I always use a primer). Good luck!

Honored Contributor

I have very very dry skin and the best foundation I've ever found is L'Oreal true match. Both the liquid and the powder are great! Available at the drug store - only $11.

Honored Contributor

Re: Need a New Foundation

[ Edited ]

May I suggest using a moisturizer first before applying your liquid foundation to your face. Second, a primer is recommended before applying any foundation so the foundation clings to the primer & not directly your face. 

So it would be moisturizer, primer & then foundation. Allow the moisturizer & primer to dry completely prior the foundation. Finally allow the foundation to dry (if using a liquid one) before applying blush and/or highlighter.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

I would recommend trying Bobbi Brown foundation stick. I have oily/combination skin and this winter my skin for some reason feels really dry and this foundation works wonders. It helps to prep my skin well prior to application.  I know some ladies have difficulty finding the right shade despite the wide shade range but it's worth getting a sample. 

Honored Contributor

@LilLadyNJwrote:

I would recommend trying Bobbi Brown foundation stick. I have oily/combination skin and this winter my skin for some reason feels really dry and this foundation works wonders. It helps to prep my skin well prior to application.  I know some ladies have difficulty finding the right shade despite the wide shade range but it's worth getting a sample. 

@LilLadyNJ  The foundation stick by B.B. would have been #1 choice, but OP asked for a liquid foundation. I personally find them messy to work with.