Honored Contributor

Re: Please share which product keeps your hairstyle for at least one day......

You need to find a product that fights humidity, in fact so do I this summer. I will check out products at Walmart or Target.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I love Alterna Caviar Anti-aging Working Hairspray. My hair is shoulder length, fine and wavy and it holds my style but keeps my hair soft and touchable. I used to use sprays that had a much firmer hold but my hair just ended up looking "crinkley", flat and frizzy once the humidity took over. With my Alterna spray, my hair looks healthier and no more frizzies.
Valued Contributor

Vavoom Height of Glam Volumizing mouse and Shaper Freezing Spray.

Contributor

Thank you for your recommendations

Respected Contributor

Hello, Cabrio. Smile

I haven't tried these, but Nick Chavez makes some products for holding the hair in place.

Nick Chavez Red Carpet Extra Hold Finishing Hairspray

Nick Chavez Volumizing Extra Hold Hairspray

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Trusted Contributor

I'm jealous of you girls who can keep a hairstyle for a day. I have long, fine hair and I have to wash (or "cleanse" as Chaz says) it every single day or it looks terrible.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/11/2015 TuesdayTaylor said:

I'm jealous of you girls who can keep a hairstyle for a day. I have long, fine hair and I have to wash (or "cleanse" as Chaz says) it every single day or it looks terrible.

Don't be envious of us TuesdayTaylor, none of us said that our hair looked fabulous beyond a day, it's more a matter of convenience and not being quite so particular about it as time marches on!

I'm not sure why, but I get the feeling you are younger than most who have posted here. I too having fine long hair used to always cleanse my hair daily because I thought it mattered for it to look perfect - but time management came into play only to realize that 2nd and 3rd day hair really wasn't that bad at all. A touch of dry shampoo at the root one day, pulled back in a pony another. Explore your options - It can be very liberating!

Honored Contributor

Use a sea salt spray on the roots after shampooing if you want to plump up baby fine hair.

I use KMS sea salt spray on my roots and then massage into rest of hair. Then I add a bit of firm Joico gel where needed and blow dry. Add a little lightweight spray. I wash and style every day. My hair is too greasy to let it go longer than one day.

DO NOT run a comb or brush through fine hair after blow drying if you want you style to last. With baby fine hair, you need to use your fingers to blow it dry and style. I never use a brush or comb on my hair once it's blown dry.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/11/2015 fitfuninformed said:

Don't be envious of us TuesdayTaylor, none of us said that our hair looked fabulous beyond a day, it's more a matter of convenience and not being quite so particular about it as time marches on!

I'm not sure why, but I get the feeling you are younger than most who have posted here. I too having fine long hair used to always cleanse my hair daily because I thought it mattered for it to look perfect - but time management came into play only to realize that 2nd and 3rd day hair really wasn't that bad at all. A touch of dry shampoo at the root one day, pulled back in a pony another. Explore your options - It can be very liberating!

Trusted Contributor

On 3/11/2015 fitfuninformed said:

Wow, how ridiculous am I? I need to look at the bottom of some of these posts...

Well, 'I got the feeling you were younger' nonetheless. I bet you look fresh and adorable anyway your hair is - even if it is not freshly washed daily (especially in a pony - a very fresh look!)