Contributor

Please share which product keeps your hairstyle for at least one day......

My hair is chin length and baby fine, styled in a layered bob...

The moment humidity or one rain drop reaches my hair, I loose any styling I did that morning {#emotions_dlg.scared} {#emotions_dlg.scared} If you have similar hair would you please share what products work best for you?

I am 'dreading' the humid summer days when it's a challenge to leave for lunch because my hair will look goofy for the rest of the day!

Thank you!!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Please share which product keeps your hairstyle for at least one day......

I've also got fine, straight hair, styled in a shoulder-length bob. I use (daily) John Frieda Frizz-Immunity Primer. (It's actually guaranteed to work or your money back.) It's the only product I've ever used that keeps my hair frizz-free in any kind of humidity, without adding any weight or greasiness. My bob style, with lots of volume remains all day long. Amazing stuff and you only use a very small amount.

Super Contributor

Hi! I have a bob too and I use a lightweight mousse for volume (currently LOVING Herbal Essence Naked Volume Souffle). For styling I use Calista Embellish to give extra definition and style. Finally my fave hairspray is Aussie Instant Freeze - this is not for women who want soft, touchable hair. It literally holds ... HOLDS.. my hair ALL day long! LOVE it!

Hope this helps - I have fine hair as well and humidity can be awful!

Super Contributor

I have long, fine hair and curl it with a curling iron and would like to find something that would help hold the style other than helmut head hairspray which i don't care for.

i don't like the feeling of crispy hair.

Respected Contributor

I use all kinds of products but always go back to Kenra volumizing mousse. My hairdresser has been in the biz for 40 years and says it is still the best line of product and the only one she sells.
Esteemed Contributor

Clay Spray by Se*y Hair. Love it. Apply to clean, dry hair then style

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

I've had luck with Living Proof's Prime Style Extender BUT, after about a week my hair looks horrible & I need to use a clarifying shampoo and/or give it a break. I have fine, naturally curly color treated hair if that makes any difference. Speaking of Living Proof, looks like it's being phased out on the Q. Very few products available, especially since Aniston became a co-owner.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Trusted Contributor

On 3/9/2015 Reba055 said: I use all kinds of products but always go back to Kenra volumizing mousse. My hairdresser has been in the biz for 40 years and says it is still the best line of product and the only one she sells.

Hm, never tried the Kenra line although I've always seen it at Ulta. I'll have to give it a try. Do you use their shampoos & conditioners too?

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Regular Contributor

I have a chin length layered bob but not baby fine. I have lots of hair and it can be heavy. I live in Wyoming where wind is my hair's enemy but visit family in Florida for 10 days three times a year.

Hands down, Nick Chavez Thirst Quencher Hydrating Hairspray is the only one that hold my style without helmet head. Thru wind. And in dripping humidity. HTH rose

Respected Contributor

On 3/9/2015 UMDTerpFan said:
On 3/9/2015 Reba055 said: I use all kinds of products but always go back to Kenra volumizing mousse. My hairdresser has been in the biz for 40 years and says it is still the best line of product and the only one she sells.

Hm, never tried the Kenra line although I've always seen it at Ulta. I'll have to give it a try. Do you use their shampoos & conditioners too?

You know I haven't and I'm not sure why really. I guess because it's not sold in regular stores and I seem to have fallen into buying shampoo and conditioner at CVS or Wagreens since they carry so many lines now. I buy the mousse from my hairdresser, it lasts a long time. I also use all different kinds of shampoo and conditioner. Volumizing, clarifying, hydrating, color treated, you name it. I go by what I feel like it needs at the time so I have quite a few on hand. I've just recently tried using the mousse, letting it air dry for a bit then spraying with beach spray and blow drying when it's almost dry. That's giving me volume with soft waves and no frizz. Working good for now but I have to change up at times. I live in FL too.