Honored Contributor

Re: Placed Another Sephora Order

@Squirrels Are Trash wrote:

@monicakm @JudyL 

Do you know about the issues and possible data breaches on the Sephora site? Sephora has been deleting all the social media about it. Essentially, people are not able to log in. This could be a traffic issue; HOWEVER, when some of them can log in, they can see account information for other customers. This is what we think Sephora is trying to hide. Check out the Sephora subreddit.

@Squirrels Are Trash  - The Sephora website has always been glitchy for me even before the sale.  It's just as bad now with the sale and thought it was a traffic issue.  Haven't heard any of the reports you have.  Did notice yesterday when I tried to get on the site, it said it was down for a while for updates.  Thought that was strange in the middle of their big sale.  It came up again soon after though.  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm  -  I've only ordered a few products here and there from Sephora.  Am I able to participate in this sale?  

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@monicakm  -  I've only ordered a few products here and there from Sephora.  Am I able to participate in this sale?  

@San Antonio Gal  - Hope it's ok if I comment.  You have to be a Beauty Insider to participate in the sale.  You can join the Beauty Insider program at any time and it's free.  The more you spend, the higher you are on their tier program and the sooner in the sale you can buy things.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @JudyL .

Honored Contributor

Well I'll be saving a boat load of money since everything I want has sold out!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 

Keep checking back. They restock often during the sale.  There was a lip gloss I wanted, did something else, went back to order it and it was gone. Couple hours later it was back

Frequent Contributor

This practice is what soured me on Sephora. I was a VIB for years and purchased all of my beauty items from them.  I loved Benefit products and would reserve my purchases for the sale. One year, I made my selection on the last day of the sale and they were sold out of items. But, miraculously, the product were back "in stock" the following day.  And, it occurred to me that they have a certain quantity of items they want to sell  at the reduced price. 

And, that was it. No more Sephora for me. To be honest, I do purchase from time to time, but, am not th4 devoted buyer I once was. 

Honored Contributor

@Msgdfx 

I've heard others talk of this as well. And I'm pretty sure I experienced it last year but I don't remember the item. I guess I'm not going to hold it against them as I'm sure it's a common practice among online retailers. Lawless had another lip gloss I wanted last night but it disappeared from the website. It wasn't the typical out of stock emblem over the product, it was just simply gone. A couple of hours later it had returned. I decided to save my $38.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks.

Maybe, it is a common practice for online retailers.  But, it was very discouraging.  Particularly, being a vIB, you had to purchase quite a bit from Sephora to attain this status. So, I expected a little consideration and reward.

But, one good thing is it made me discover other online retail outlets that are anxious for your business. 

Honored Contributor

@Msgdfx 

I've been Rouge for 3 years and will be until December of 2024, as of right now. I don't expect to ever be Rouge again after the end of next year. Rouge members don't get all of the perks they used to and everyone gets free shipping now if they sign up. People like to point out that companies websites have just as good if not better sales but what they don't talk about is that more times than not you have to pay shipping on those websites so there goes price matching or extra savings.