Trusted Contributor

Re: Philosophy Shoer Gel -Read Caution on Instructions

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Queens  To my knowledge, the Philosophy shower gel has never been touted as "pure."  I'm not sure where you got that. 

Another one of their big products, Purity Made Simple is not at all "pure" either.  It's just a name.

As with everything, read the label and decide if the ingredients are right for you. 

I only use two of their shower gels because they are translucent and are they only ones that rinse off me clean -- Gingerbread Man, and Sweet Vanilla Fig.  I cannot use their Purity Made Simple because it instantly breaks my face out in tiny bumps. 

I have always had the same issue with Purity, and noticed your comment about the translucent shower gels.  I also find that the ones that are not translucent (cinnamon buns, snow angel are two that come to mind) do not feel they rinse clean.  I also get occasional bumps on my back and am thinking this coincides with having one of these in my shower.  I was going to stop using any philosophy gels because of this but maybe I will try sticking to the translucent ones.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Philosophy Shower Gel -Read Caution on Instructions

I have been using the shower gels for quite sometime, never had a problem. They are probably just covering themselves, if you feel that it is irritating your skin, just stop using it.